Taan & GaoMei Wetland

Hi Blog,

Let's continue exploring Taichung; this one was our highlight for Day 6. We had planned this before the Covid strike and today was the day to fulfil our wishlist.

To visit Geomei Wetland
They mentioned Gaomei Wetland as one of Taiwan's most scenic and tourist hot spots in social media articles. But before we went to Gaomei, I saw one more place which some other people suggested could rival Gaomei Wetland, which is Ta-an Bathing Beach 大安海水浴場.


Since we had a vehicle and time, why not?
The floating balls have been repainted and transformed into adorable heads to greet visitors.
Ah! The windmill! My first time seeing one so close and the first time I got to spell the word "Windmill"!
A dolphin shelter that provides limited protection during rain.
Oooo! There was only one or two visitors on this beach.
An endless view of the horizon.
I love this peaceful scene.
Oh, Sad... can't swim in the water...
The sand was darker than white sand. Because of the water that washed from dark soil into the sea, that caused darker soil like desert. (just some personal non-research-based conclusion, but I am definitely in the right thinking process)
Caught a confused crab 🦀 they looked so delicate.
The wind was really strong coming from those windmills. But hold on... something's off. It's definitely not work like a fan!
Based on the sand folds here, it is definitely caused by a strong wind current.
(credit SJ) A Horizon shot, if accompanied by a beautiful sunset, will be awesome.
Besides the horizon shot, the windmill shot is also amazing!
(credit SJ) I hope I won't spoil the amazing scenery with my fans.
The work of a crab doing crabby work. So cute.
As I continued walking, the undulating water and wind patterns became more pronounced in this area. (I am surprised to see how well the copilot formed this statement for me.)
(credit QH) Secretly snapped me from a distance
This is what I saw: a crab that was not aware that I was looking at it as it was blinded by the sun.
When observed from a distance, wind turbines appear to spin slowly, but they harness a powerful and renewable source of energy.
While wind turbines are a clean and renewable energy source, they do have drawbacks, particularly when there's no wind.
The presence of sunlight ensures an unlimited supply of wind.
(credit SJ) The presence of this leaf will ensure the flower stands out. Posing something which disgusts others 🤮
After Ta An beach, time to go to the highlight - Gaomei Wetlands! But the cloud formation was not promising...
Yup... Not promising...
Under the wind turbine
This place was another side of Gaomei.
I was trying to do funny and cheesy shots here but not as effective as how others did.
Hmm if I have a drone, might be able to capture a better shot than this.
Singapore's lack of a consistent wind supply makes wind energy less viable there.
But this is definitely Instagrammable!
(credit QH) She suggested a group photo 📸
(credit driver) We did it! After all these years of planning, we made it happen!
(credit driver) A closer shot seemed to be the better picture and thanked SJ and QH for enduring my nonsense.
What a marvellous engineering here.
Ah! Finally, I got my cheesy shot!
Ooh... A space of nobody. Time to test out my newly bought tripod!
Just a disgusting dude trying to snap some pics
Wider are better or mid shots?
Ooo, it can become a selfie stick!
But it was rather difficult to check my angle if I used my phone.
I was so worried that the strong winds would send my phone and tripod down into the water or drain, luckily, the tripod stands are sturdy and the ground is flatter.
If it is really dropped... I can cry...
(credit QH) Captured the moment when I selfie-ing.
Hmm I think we should have enough pictures here
Time to move to the main Gaomei Wetlands because this place is 'Wetbridge'.
I was wondering, why do people gather here? Because it's not the main spot!
Can Mr Sun be nice and give us a beautiful sunset?
Ooo, it seemed like they had their limited opening time.
Must be touristy and beautiful if no crowd 😂
Check out this massive mudskipper! Those adorable googly eyes are too cute! Can I stain some cuteness from it?
(credit QH) Oops! I got caught by QH for doing stupid things here. 😂
I think I will expect to see a lot of the triangle one.
Not sure if low or high tide is better here...
The fine is the only way to prevent any wild visitor who might want to try to step into the swamp. Judging from the swamp ground, I can tell it will be ugly if you step in (your body, limbs and wallet)...
Oooo, fiddler crab! There are many of them here.
Typical mudskipper which looks the same throughout any swamp.
Ooo spotted a white fiddler crab!
This is a long sketch boardwalk.
(credit driver) Since I was alone, I just had to handle the photo with the sunset myself, but... As you can see, the crowd also wanted a shot with it too.
(credit driver) It's nearly impossible to get a good shot when people just pass by in front of your camera.
(credit QH) Thanks, QH for agreeing to snap it for me, but... The sun had already hidden behind the clouds...
(credit QH) Well, at least a picture of me with Mr Sun.
(credit QH) I had to digitally enhance the colour to make these images look less meh. Haha
(credit driver) now my turn to help my friends
Time to go back
It was a cloudy day, so it got so dark that it was less colourful... What luck.
Looked like it was about to rain.
Overall, when comparing Ta-an Beach and Geomei Wetlands, these two locations are quite different, despite sharing some similarities such as the nearby windmills and beautiful horizon line. Geomei Wetlands is definitely on the beautiful side, and due to this fact, it has a boardwalk to accommodate more visitors who prefer to keep their feet dry. It has also been widely promoted through tourism.

Just check out this beautiful photo which was shared on Google Maps. I also wish to have such a beautiful photo, but... I know my physique or look can't carry it.

Personally, I would prefer Taan Beach because I am biased towards the beach and prefer smaller crowds. However, I know Gaomei Wetlands has it all!

As our last day in Taiwan approaches, let's take some time to rest and prepare emotionally for tomorrow.

Jeff


No comments:

Post a Comment