2nd Time to QingJing Farm

Good Morning Blog,

On the fourth day of our trip, time really passed fast. Today, where will we be going? Yes, as titled, we will be going up to Qingjing.

The weather seemed promising!
Initially, we planned to stay at Qingjing and explore that place slowly... But we were discouraged due to the cold climate and risks involved... So from the look of the weather... I was not pleased, but I know it is in my best interest, and I can't afford any mishaps... So I will just manage my own expectations.


Testing out my zoom function, and it was quite clear... It is so clear to tell me that I am no rich man. 😂
Mountains! Here we go!
xxxxx
Let's go!
The driver told us that we were at the geographic centre of Taiwan 🇹🇼, we opened up our Google Maps and saw, that it was called "The Stele of Taiwan's Geographical Center".
I thought to stop there, but never mind. I will put that in if I am travelling there again...
Looking at the twisted road...
Turn left and right and then left then right... 🤮
The mountain here is so beautiful. :3 But I just slept my way through to avoid motion sickness.
Luckily, I didn't miss the castle 🏰 here while along the road. I wondered will we able to go there to have a closer look?
We arrived in Qingjing and received a stamp for re-entry.
Qingjing farm! Another themed location!
Selfie moment and sensed something wrong...
Hmm, was it because there was no one around?
Had sheep - yes. No one was feeding them?
OOO! There was a sheep show going on!
The show just started.
The performers spoke in Mandarin even though there was a Western performer; he still spoke Mandarin.
What a crowd for today and... The temperature... It was warm!
And crazy me still wearing a fleece jacket, pants, and thermal wear. Who would know that today's temperature in Qingjing was so warm, like Singapore?! Which actually made me feel disappointed somehow... Because I wanted to go to Hehuanshan but was discouraged by the driver... This is the perfect time and temperature to go there without the need to experience the coldness... Oh well...
First time watching live sheep shearing in front of us, it was so thick! I wondered how they survived in the past?
After that, they released the sheep to roam around, finding food. I can tell that they don't like to be approached by humans, but they approach for food. We aren't Cinderella to have animals surround/approach us comfortably... So once our Mana Points (food) are used up, we can't summon them anymore.
As compared to my first visit here, besides the warm temperature, I'm sad that the land grass can't be green enough... Especially the forever-hungry sheep and constant interaction with human weight.
Oh yes! The western performer brought a horse out to the next show!
Thanks, SJ for helping me with this photo, and thanks to the performer for being patient with us while taking a photo with the horse.
Ooo, a fort-like structure. As we approached, it is used for merchandise of sheep/cow products (on the right) and as a toilet (on the left).
The rock texture on this wall is quite intriguing. It's well-suited for exteriors, but if used indoors, it could potentially attract insects.
Merchandise session and a bit of history about Qingjing
Simple cute decor
Anyway, usually after the sheep show, there will be a horse show; meanwhile, we explored around under the hot sun! Were we really on a mountain? Self-blame for overdressing...
Ah, we met again. So sorry, love. I am still back here alone. So I shall take it as promoting self-love.
Black face sheep - These sheep really don't like anyone to touch them. Sadly, they are not like dogs. No wonder, many people love dogs and cats.
Oh, they love the tender leaves on the branches too. That gave us some idea to collect these leaves to feed them, but we didn't want to create such a practice, so we stopped after feeding them once.
What a beautiful landscape here. I wanted to adjust the colour of the grass, to make it greener but I shall not deceive anyone and show the real thing. The mountain ridge makes it look scenic!
(credit SJ) I noticed the crowd was denser... so it was a perfect time for PHOTOS!
(credit SJ) I am the Captain Nerd!
(Credit SJ) Most of the crowd went for a Horse show so this scenic was perfect.
(credit SJ) To compensate myself for being overdressed, I wanted a pic of me at the "cold" place.
(credit SJ) If there are people who are foodies, then based on the types of travellers (link) I am a photographer for my blog! :D Trying to capture it to feed my camera.
OOO! Something special! A local delicacy, referred to as 夾心豆干 or Tofu Sandwich, includes salted vegetables and peanuts, offering a delightful taste. It's somewhat like Tahu Goreng, yet different preparation process.
Many other stalls are also selling similar foods and beverages.
Hmm, something new! Goat milk ice cream!
Honestly, it tastes great and smooth.
Oo, the second part of Qingjing farm. In my previous visit, we had not covered this part.
Pony Horse
Hey? Sheep, you come to the wrong place!
Yet, the scenery here is both beautiful and breathtaking.
But when I looked back... hmm... never mind.
(Credit SJ) I can imagine if I can fly across the mountains, that will be my dream. Does any alien or angel fulfil this dream? 
New Zealand kind of vibe - I think
Actually, New Zealand is an exotic place to travel to... I wonder if will I have a chance to go there?
Oooo... Feeding and riding horse zone
Horse ride or Sheep ride? There were many sheep around.
If they put in some effort to decorate this place, it will be a good photo spot.
(credit QH) SJ and QH went and purchased a bag of food pellets for the sheep. They passed it to me to try it and they got a bit pushy.
(Credit QH) I think having these food pellets will enhance the experience here.
(Credit QH) I dragged the feeding and shook the box to collect as many sheep as possible.
OOO! I spotted a pitcher plant-like plant here! This looks special. The name of this plant is Jack-In-The-Pulpit aka Indian tulip.
清境高空步道 Qingjing Skywalk
A long bridge walkway to look at the forested mountains
We got a second stamp
(Credit SJ) I think this frame should be raised higher.
(Credit SJ) Have to snap a photo with the mountain ridges.
Somehow... the warm and sunny conditions made walking on this pathway somewhat torturous.
I believe capturing good photos is one method to balance the torture.
I shall not say much and let the photos explain.
So beautiful
I've wondered... what is life like living high up in the mountains?
Information on the names of mountain ridges can be found here.
Hmm... It can't help me to identify.
Some more pictures of the ridges.
and disgusting ugly face.
(Credit SJ) Given SJ's height, he can assist me in taking a photo that appears closer to the mountain.
Perfect wallpaper
After 30 minutes of walking, we exited the skywalk and met up with our driver.
The driver was aware of my disappointment at not being able to visit Hehuanshan, and he suggested taking us somewhere interesting.
He led us to the castle-like building I had seen earlier.
Classic
This place is The Old England 老英格蘭莊園
Based on Google Maps, this place is a hotel, and an expensive one!
Just by looking at the outside, you can tell this place caters to the wealthy.
I can only take photographs of my daydreaming materials from the outside.
Hope you will bless the people who stay here.
(Credit QH) Welcome to my house. (daydreaming moment)
With so many classic artistic sculptures around, this place is meant for a God-like statue in terms of wallet size. I will store these in my memory bank.
Overall experience - this was my 2nd time visiting Qingjing farm, it looked like nothing new but there was always something new to look out for. Who knows when I can go there for the 3rd time?

Jeff


No comments:

Post a Comment