JiJi & Che Cheng Station

Hi Blog,

After visiting two themed villages, understand that having a well-defined theme for an area can significantly impact its economic growth and attract visitors.

Now we were heading to a place with a theme too
Instead of "created-theme" places, the next two will be a cultural reason that plays an important role in shaping and influencing various aspects of life, including art, literature, and social norms; like a set of collective values, beliefs, and practices that are shared by a group of people and passed down through generations.


Along the way, we passed by a bamboo forest, and I was impressed by it. It is different from Singapore's, which tends to grow in a mess like it sticks out from a spot; this one grows individually like hairs - One of my favourite scenery!
This bridge looked familiar... I had seen it before during my round trip to Taiwan in 2019.
The driver suggested stopping by a place since we were nearby and we passed by a quiet town...
As the driver mentioned, this place is called Jiji 集集. The Chinese word Ji stands for "gather".
One of the railway train stations in Taiwan
I wondered how they named it but I found the name cute
Jiji town is one of the least populated towns in Taiwan but...
It is famous due to its wooden cultural train station.
(credit QH) This place looks like it was suspended in time.
Most of the things here are quite well preserved.
Even the tiles have some unique designs only in Jiji
And one of the tourist checklists is...
(credit QH) Snap a picture with a train as it has the classic vibe to fat-ugly me excusable.
Oooo! A vintage phone!
(credit QH) Oooo! It is still working!
(credit QH) Can I call myself? I meant which one.
After visiting Jiji, the next station was also quite near. That was Che Cheng 車埕.
The driver told us that this station was roadblocked by an earthquake and it is repairing.
Che Cheng is the end/start of the railway stations to deliver timber in the past and also one of the places to generate power for the nearby towns.
The houses and stalls here are remnants of the past, both ancient and well-preserved.
The theme of the place is training.
It's interesting how the name of this place, Che Cheng, sounds like the Chinese word for 'journey' (車程), sharing the same pronunciation.
Welcome to CheCheng
How fascinating! There was a duo of Native individuals blending Rock music into their songs. What an intriguing fusion. On the topic of Native cultures, I know what to seek in Taiwan: Native clothing. Now, the question is where to find it...
The sight of train tracks with a mountain backdrop is truly breathtaking.
A nice and clean place indeed! It's great to know that it's well-maintained.
Perspective shot by the railway
A few random shots of Checheng
OOOO! Train tunnel!
It made me think of a horror manga story from Junji Ito - The Story of the Mysterious Tunnel (a very interesting story to consider watching)
(credit SJ) I wanted to pose crazily or reenact Junji Ito's story here but... I doubt SJ and QH will help without judging. 😂
(credit driver) oops! 😂 We got snapped!
Beautiful tunnel, like walking through a passage of time, and ending up somewhere.
But my mind was filled with imagination, especially from Junji Ito's horror stories...
Look at this... It looks like a different world!
(credit SJ) There are many stories in which some people walked through a passage and ended up in a different world, but I didn't try because I still like my current one.
Somehow I feel so safe here... Maybe because of the solid tunnel wall.
Alright, time to pick a side and I picked this side.
Ah! I found a pic of the native clothing for guys, this is the one which I am looking for.
Today's sky was cloudless, which made it bright and hot. I wondered what would happen tomorrow.
(credit driver) A group photo with a majestic mountain
This place's building structure still retains its original look since its Japanese occupation.
Love it when they have their own manhole design like Japan.
(credit SJ) love the classic vibe here; 古色古香 (antique)
Can tell the building's age if you remove the paint and stuff.
Che Cheng has this gorgeous lake where they used to work with timber.
Does my face spoil the whole scenery?
Here, you may see the remaining tools which they used to process the woods.
The hook was used to move the timber in the water.
Some random shops somewhere but we didn't explore further.
This is definitely one of the residential areas for the rich.
After CheCheng, time to travel to our next hotel at Puli.
Sun was about to set.
During today's trip, we explored several themed locations that each have their own unique charm and stood out as highlights. In fact... I looked back at my itinerary, and most of the selected Taiwan places are themed! 😂

Jeff


No comments:

Post a Comment