Monster Village

Hi Blog,

After a short visit to Hinoki Village.

Next destination to the unpopular tourist area
Yes! Have you heard about Monster Village, Yao Guai Village?

The weather seemed gloomy.
So where are we heading to?
I doubt anyone is reading but it was titled...
We were heading to Yaoguai Village 妖怪村
Yes, in other words, it means Monster Village.
This Monster Village is a Japanese monsters-themed village...
Which was unique in the past and best to visit at night, it will give a different vibe.
(credit SJ) Here, you will see many Japanese monster-related sculptures. If you don't know the Japanese monster tales, you might not be able to understand why these monsters are used or what they represent.
The concept of Japanese monsters is inspired by the belief, held by Japanese folk, that humans coexist with the spiritual world. Thus, the monsters represent a fusion between the material and the spiritual realms.
Monster hotel stay
I'm curious if these stores sell any special items?
Cosplaying as monsters with masks could be interesting. If they host events regularly, would certainly excite this venue.
Too Cute! :3
Special magnet products are available exclusively in Yaoguai Village. 
The area was densely populated with visitors.
Tori gate :)
(Credit SJ) I am in Japan! Yippee!
Hmm... I wondered what they sell here.
We just discovered there's vegetarian food available here! So, it turns out we didn't need to pack our meal this morning.
Oh well... I will just focus on Catching Monsters here!
Melted ice cream monster?
Ice Cream Monster - It seemed somewhat worn off...
Mailbox Monster
This one isn't a monster, just a random bridge.
I can imagine the nighttime scenery of this street being quite beautiful.
Discover something unique! It's named "Hun Dan 混蛋 / Mixed Egg," - a blend of three distinct eggs: salted, century, and regular.
The ambience of Japan's old streets is captivating.
I wanted to snap a picture here but don't know... I just don't feel like it.
OMG! I really want these fish hand towels! They're so adorable, but I resisted buying them because I don't want to see them get dirty and become undesirable over time... So, I've just stored the image in my memory bank.
They certainly sell a lot of nice items, but I am not purchasing any because I need to stick to my budget.
Let's continue to catch the monsters here
Cute frog monsters
I love it when there are fewer crowds, which doesn't interfere with the perfect shot I hope to capture, and yet... it speaks a lot about this place... it's fading away...
This stage, I imagine, was once filled with loud excitement and vibrant performances.
Just like this scene... it used to be lively and a lot of laughs.
There might be some games going on here.
Wheel of fortunate!
OOO! Found one more monster! Caught!
Next, the yellow monster!
and this white monster! Three in a row!
Upon opening the Mixed Egg, it bore no resemblance to the advertisement, appearing instead to be a Salted Egg. I chose not to confront the seller, consoling myself with the thought that my receipt of this defective product might spare other buyers a similar issue.
I wondered, is there any more monster to catch?
Rentals in this area are likely to be expensive.
Performing stage
Caught a fire monster!
Oooo! Tori gate to the stage.
That should be in front of the village.
(Credit a pretty stranger) Let's have a picture here :)
OOO! There is a resort here!
Cute painting of monsters which I have yet to find.
Wishing you well and I hope this place can improve.
Caught one more violent monster!
Captured a spider!
Hmm... My radar was going off strongly behind the alley of the village hotel.
OOOO! I found the boss in the Monster Village!
The Eyeball!
It was rather challenging to capture it.
As there are many eyeballs around! Which one is real?!
It felt as though I was imprisoned by their enchantment, yet I found a way to escape.
And found the real Monster King!
Alright, let's set aside the fanciful imagination and return to reality.
I found a map of the monster's distribution in Taiwan.
Alright, time to go back! I had caught most of the monsters here.
Visiting two Japanese vibe villages, the overall feeling was that it was nice to have a theme for a place which attracts tourists, but it requires maintenance or newer replacement for existing displays or events to boost popularity.

Just like one of the themed parks which we passed by - Pirate Village, it was rundown and nothing new. Whoever is an owner of such a themed place must invest money to change it rather than letting it remain untouched for more than 30 years. Oh well... I am not owning anything, so it might be easier to comment, but it is rather sad to see a theme go to waste.

Jeff


No comments:

Post a Comment