National Museum of Natural Science

Good Morning Blog,

Looking through our Taiwan photos for these days, I told myself that I should skip today.

Had a quick breakfast and was ready to go.
Did I miss Taiwan already? Yes, I do! ๐Ÿ˜‚


Today we decided to become a student.
The four legendary mystic creatures - Dragon (East), Phoenix or the vermilion bird (South) Tiger (West) and lastly Turtle (North).
We decided to visit a museum
National Museum of Natural Science ๅœ‹็ซ‹่‡ช็„ถ็ง‘ๅญธๅš็‰ฉ้คจ
What a big place here.
(credit QH) Big flowery circle
After some mirror hiccups, we managed to get in.
The first thing we went in and looked at was bones.
Beautiful mammoth. Sadly, I don't get to see these majestic animals roaming on this planet...
They have many exhibition halls here, each focusing on certain topics, so you will know what you are heading into.
I didn't know there are some special plushies here, are you able to spot those out?
This hall, I didn't get to finish it because SJ and QH didn't know where I had gone, so I did a quick browse.
This one was a bit special; I wonder if there were any errors here. The tusks were closely packed together, so where is there space for its trunk?
Every science museum will have its own unique presentation on the Evolution of Life.
Big giant mosquitoes' head made me think, just how amazing Nature is. With the complexity of a mosquito's head structure, everything is all well thought out!
Giant jellyfish. Imagine if you were a fish and this creature just swam beside you?
And if we go even smaller into the atomic level, we can see a virus! The potential creature picks for a movie plot.
A staff member tried to explain to the students about life on the planet.
Just look how small of a portion that our humans just started on this Earth.
The way how we humans look at the universe
A closer view of the information
The history of discovery
They should update this corner with a bigger TV and updated content
The terror in the sea many millions of years ago was huge.
Next hall about dinosaurs! The main highlight of this museum.
Typical classic T-rex
They should update the look of a T-rex with feathers.
This looked like from Jurassic Park.
Even these two should also need an update.
An armoured dinosaur is actually quite cool!
Stegosaurus is also an iconic dinosaur!
Triceratops - Bird with two horns. Oh! nope. Hahaha
Classic giraffe - not Brachiosaurus, as it looks something similar.
And accompanied by a shortiesaurus or ohmygodsaurus.
Timeline of human timeline with other living creatures
Oh my! Who is this?!
This place was too big; I couldn't be snapping pictures non-stop and feeling tired, so I would snap those which caught my interest.
Ah, something useful for me. I doubt anyone will want to understand this diagram ๐Ÿ˜‚ only this weirdo will find it interesting.
Oooo, These paintings seemed like the legendary levels of Hell. People used to say there are 18 levels, but in fact, there are only 10. Why people said you will be sent to the 18th is just to illustrate that a person did most sinful deed, he should be punished in the deepest levels of Hell (the 9th level is for the most sinful people and is forever tormenting; so it is like 2x the 9th level)
Looking at these painting, I can tell every single things drawn here! ๐Ÿ˜‚
Oooo, something new - Gravity Realm!
I appreciate the simplicity of this setup for illustrating a black hole (although it's not an actual black hole).
And I am struck in a black hole of an endless loop of self-hate, consuming my soul. It's important to recognize that feelings of self-hate can be overwhelming and can affect one's mental health. Just have to cope with these feelings, such as identifying triggers, challenging negative thoughts, and practicing self-compassion. Oops, sorry i got carried away.
Even though this thing was spoiled, which it was supposed to roll with balls and watch how a black hole consumed stuff. But from the look of it, you can actually see the black hole.
Okay! Not enough time to explore every hall and corner. I passed by many displays but I couldn't browse them all, as we had to leave the museum for the airport.
It took around 1 hour 30 mins from Taichung to Taoyuan Airport. Thank you to the driver, thank you for ensuring the safety.
Goodbye Taiwan!
Overall, the trip to Taiwan was relaxing and laid-back. Having our own vehicle was particularly beneficial for our mountain itinerary. In the city, a vehicle isn't necessary, but for a small group, it can be quite expensive. Unfortunately, transportation costs increased by 30% in 2024, which limited my spending money. Nevertheless, I managed my expectations and enjoyed the experience as it was. I will come back again in 2026. See you Taiwan.

Jeff


No comments:

Post a Comment