Finding Veranda Banyan Tree

Good morning Blog,

As usual, my weekend routine is to go hiking. Hopefully one day, I will just cycle with my waifu regularly. I guess it is due to there being a place that I need to clear from the list.

Good morning Mr Sun. Great to have you with me on my today's exploration.
I thought of revisiting this site - old Jurong road to snap some scenes and also collect an item nearby.

But somehow it was strongly guarded today... I guessed I can't explore that place anymore...
Worst of all, I tip and cut my palm onto a rock... 🤔 I guess it is a sign that I am not welcome here. I should not return. Thanks goodness, my plant and myself didn't receive any serious damage. 🙏🏼
Which was to find the legendary Veranda in Mendoza village (link) since I was nearby.
It had been a while since I visited Bukit Batok Nature Park. I surely missed this Quarry.
The weekend, as usual, this park was filled with visitors and still lively as before. Visited the toilet and got my bleeding palm washed up. Oh my, it was quite a cut, not deep but definitely a sharp cut. I need a tissue to hold it, so I can continue to clench my fist and prevent infection. 
Compared to the time when I snapped a photo here, the mood was different and I was at ease.
Same but yet different already... There was some landslide that happened here... Lucky, no one was injured.
Could not take many pictures here because too many visitors staring at and judging me already... So let's exit this place.
The unique rock Banyan tree is still here.
Here have many Banyan trees but not as unique as they can be.
Hmmm, something which makes my body itch more than mosquito bites by simply looking at it.
...I started to worry whether can I find that place or not.
Welcome to Bukit Batok from another side.
Time to climb a long-distance slope.
Hmm 🤔 based on one of the hikers' sharing... I was quite near but where was the human trail?
Looked like it but... Can't find any obvious trail...
So meaning I need to find an alternative...
I had to base on my instinct again... Based on the GPS, I needed to go down a steep slope in order to continue my journey...
The ribbons were my only hint that I was on track but don't over-rely on it because we don't know it's the purpose of the ribbons.
Some more ribbons ahead... I shall take this path as there is no sign of human trails around here.
Need to bash through thorny vines... And this cross vine just simply stopped me from moving forward...
But I had to pass through as I don't know any other way already...
Kind of nervous about myself... I was simply a lost sheep here... Not sure whether is there a snake hiding beneath the leaves on the ground.
Seriously, I can't tell the direction and just bashed through until the desired coordinate.
Hmm... Something was in front of me...
Oooo! It's the toilet.
It seemed like there was a yard or something... Now left no clue of what it used to be...
Looking around, mostly look the same and viney.
I wondered such a solid structure can't last for long... The toilet was almost gone.
At least, it was able to provide how the people in the past used this facility.
Besides viney, there were many giant alocasia macrorrhiza red stem towering above my head.
After bashing a bit, found another one...
This looked like leading to a drainage system.
But that's not my main agenda, let's continue further down as the GPS showed, I was very near.
Oooo! Guess what is this? Haha, it was so cute.
You know what. This place was filled with mosquitoes! I could feel the bites but I am okay with their bites, I just don't like ants' bites, it can get nasty when they started to climb on you especially when they climbed up from your sole and then bite you from your socks.
Hmm...red tape... Was I near the accident place? But that was not what I saw in the news article.
Hmmm... Where was that place...
Ooo... One large Banyan Tree was found and I thought it is the one that I am looking for, but nope. Let's continue down...
What a thick root tree which I forgot it's name.
Just looked at how wide and thought the root can get, but this was not what I wanted to find too.
As I bashed through further towards the coordinate... Something was waving at me.
Was it you?!
Oh yes! Finally found you!
Based on the map, it was named Veranda. What made it look nice, was this Banyan Tree took ownership of this veranda.
Just look how grand it is.
Let's take a picture together. 3, 2, 1 smile! Wow! I was glad to find this after all those risking and bashing through the wood.
I have a question... Why it was named veranda? What is a veranda anyway? After checking with ChatGpt, she explained that Veranda is similar to a porch but is typically longer and extends along the side or back of a house. It is often covered by a roof and may have railings or columns for support.
Hmm... I don't see the roof but there are railings... But I can't differentiate which side of the house this veranda extended from.
I'm glad I have this camera EX-FR100... It helped me a lot. When can I use my Insta360...? I think the only issue if I use Insta360, is the loading speed to connect to the screen, is slower than EX-FR100.
Wanted to understand this veranda but Banyan Tree took over already.
If without the structure, we won't know there is such a thing.
After I had done with the veranda, I noticed something... Oh man! It was located near a clear pavement!
This one really gave me mixed emotions; I am happy because I was able to find this veranda and other facilities, but upset as it was so easy to access!
But... I should celebrate the achievement that I had done today. It was not easy feet to bash through the wood by risking and maintaining my own safety. I will return again to find other spots from the easy-access trail. I will be back for you, veranda.

Overall, this veranda Banyan Tree is very unique! Certainly, one of the kind which I had seen so far. I will start to create a post about Banyan Tree in Singapore.

Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment