Searching for the Searchlight

Hi Blog,

It was great to have a long weekend, especially on Monday, to reduce Monday's blue effect. Today, I was invited to join a group by WS and S to look for some locations which I had yet to find.

Getting ready. Thank Heaven for such nice weather as there were storms at the later part of these days.
As titled, they told me that today they will try to cover as many as they can. Let's see what it is and what I missed.

Met WS and S by the station, and let's go!
Just like my typical Labrador Park route but different... Today we will visit some unusual places...
After gathering with a bigger group of strangers, I sensed a lot of judgemental... (because I got comments like why you wear like this again? And some don't bother to smile, trying to keep a distance...) Yes, you can fault me for wearing stupidly and unconventional, unlike others or these professional hikers... Oh well... I just followed behind them by keeping quiet as a sweeper, minding my own business and documenting my journey...
Anyway, I picked this so I just accepted it... I guess they started with the water tank here.
One easy spot to begin with.
Stepping in and started feeding the thirsty ladies (mosquitoes)
I guess this tank won't change much even after a few years.
For now, it was nice and clean.
They moved in deeper and...
Mr Sun was following behind me.
Oh my... Wait...
Over this one got something? I didn't explore further from this point onwards.
Let's see what it was.
Ah! Here was the spot that I wanted to look for - A slope facing Pasir Panjang power station 'B' (Closed).
It looked scary, looking down the slope... like I had a feeling of moving forward...
Before I moved forward, I quickly sat down to rest my mind and...
(Credit WS) ...WS helped to snap a picture for me.
After our 2nd stop, the group was trying to find gun shelters but I could not keep silent and lead them to the correct location.
I was glad that I broke my silence to do the correction instead of keeping quiet and getting lost.
Whatever judgement I don't bother... My hiking life is short... I will just be the most comfortable me.
Sooner... this path will be covered to the 2nd Gun shelter. Will visit here time to time.
Walking under this gun shelter... I felt a sense of "pressurised" due to the unstable structure here. Better don't stay here too long...
Oooo! I didn't notice the words on the structure at that time. Some people wrote some nonsense.
Hmmm... my photography is kind of limited to capturing the beauty of the light ray.
This gun shelter has a banyan tree sitting on it... I am about to throw in a fat mom joke.
Have a group picture and I was the odd one out...
I am just a weirdo...
I will need some time to heal myself after the hike...
Thank you Mother Nature... I know you embrace me a lot.
Alright, time to recover my emotions and this time round, we were heading to somewhere different. I heard that they claimed it will be a difficult task because they were busy discussing and exchanging whatever they had heard and covered.
Oh? There was something inside? Previously I wanted to walk in there but was not sure whether I can find any.
I just followed.
From outside, I always thought there was a structure here above but after walking further in, it was nothing!
Oooo... It was at another side.
Yippee! Another gun shelter! And this one was still well preserved.
No graffiti!
Besides leaf litter here.
As I sneaked down, there was someone inside.
Standard height but it was meant to build for taller soldiers, not like this shortie.
This was the spot where they rest their guns based on their height, but for a shortie me, my gun will be above my ears while standing.
I can't pose like those tall gods, I can only pose outside the window like nothing.
(Credit S) or stood on top of the roof like a tall person.
While the group were trying to determine the nearby gun shelter and they can't find the path to that gun shelter, so they took a while, comparing and deciding which way to go. As for me, I just walked around and found myself a well-preserved stair. 
Did you able to see it?
After a few attempts somewhere, they decided that we will climb down a steep slope.
I had to learn to climb this steep slope like a mountain goat and I climbed like a pro.
There was netting to avoid any potential soil erosion.
oooo! Thank goodness, right now it was a low tide; if not, it will become a big issue! Their plan was to walk along the shore and climbed up from another side. 
A group photo again and glad everyone was safe for now.
Walking under this bridge was impossible because I would not come here with whatever reason.
So let's snap a few more pictures here before the water returns.
oooo... So... we needed to climb up this slope to get there??? And yes, we needed to. Climbing up is an a-okay task for me but what is not okay is when there are ant trails which they will feel defensive.
FOUND IT! Based on the group, they claimed this is a searchlight!
but but... This place was not built for tall soldiers, nor was it built for a shortie like me too. It was a searchlight shelter. 
I don't understand how this searchlight worked here...  Can anyone explain it to me?
I can't believe we spent more than three hours plus already and Mr Sun gained too much power moment. Time to leave this place.
(Credit WS) As I climbed down, there was a rock toppled down but was saved by a yellow metal nail. My nine lives were just wasted today...
(Credit WS) I had zero energy to explore other locations and suggested the group take the easier way out by a shortcut back to civilisation.
(Credit WS) One more last look at this shore. I will like to visit this place again but... anything special here?
(Credit WS) I love to sit like this and enjoy the sea sight.
(Credit WS) Wasn't it a great shot? I can't do that myself.
Feeling safe to be back on the land.
The overall experience at Labrador Park exploration for the Searchlight shelter, it was a trip not for anyone. Even if knowing its location, or even having the coordinate, getting there is not an easy task. Strongly urge anyone to let it be forgotten especially the last one. Weirdly that I didn't record its coordinate... Usually, I will do so... But why...

Maybe I just want to play my part to discourage anyone from attempting. Compared to my whole exploration trips, this one is not the worst but definitely under my not-recommended places.

The group wanted to continue to explore but I told myself, it was time to exit the group and stop being a weirdo. I need time to do some searching myself.

Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment