Fort Siloso & Tanjong Rimau

Hi Blog,

This one I had been waiting for an opportunity! And I don't care anymore, I decided to go for it!

Thanks Heaven for the wonderful weather today! Yesterday it was raining somehow... But the sky was God-sent.
Where was I going to? Based on the title, let me show you a bit and explain what's up with today?

When I looked out the sky in the noon, I knew Miss Sky and Mr Sun really arranged this well. Thank you so much. ♥️
Because the place where I was heading, was only accessible during low tide. I can only go on the lowest tide of the day and it has to happen during the day than at nighttime. So 4/4/2023 evening happened to be the ideal time to visit such a place.
Yes! Let's go!
Beautiful weather which brought up my mood! 🥰
I noticed they had cleaned the top of the top window. Previously, they didn't do much and left with many leaflets.
Wooo, the hot sun was really hot and strong in the noon... You hardly see anyone walking in the open.
The cooling of a waterfall really chilled the surroundings.
Since I was early and had to wait for BP to go with me, I decided to explore Fort Siloso.
It had been a while since I visited this place. I remembered ever since they removed the monorail in Sentosa, I had not returned. Today was a new appreciation. You may find out more about Fort Siloso by Google.
In short, Fort Siloso was one of the British military bases to defend Singapore's bay where they heavily defended with their big guns. Singapore's government is trying to preserve the remnants of it and Fort Siloso is one of the well-preserved ones as compared to Fort Serapong and Connaught.
This was a nice view up here. If my friend wanted to know the history of Singapore, Fort Siloso is definitely one of the places.
Wooo, check out the view!
Enjoy an unsheltered bridge to Fort Siloso. You may either take this bridge or walk up the long slope to the fort; so typically... Visitors will want to enjoy the views than a climbing challenge.
Some information about Fort Siloso
Ah! Fort Siloso. It has been a while.
I forgot there was a cannon gun here before.
It was too hot, I can't take many pictures here, as this one does look like an operating table. Hahaha!
Big gun similar to Labrador Park.
Oh, man! How cool to stay under the shade?
6-inch QF Gun Magazine
Under the gun, ammunition was stored and loaded manually.
They sent the ammunition from this level.
Going up or down?
let's go up before going down.
Checking out these Watchmen to look over the sea
Three canons and ATTACK! Boom Boom!
Used to be an office bunk and now it has become an information room, and the best of it... It is AIR-CONDITIONED!
Here is about World War II
A projector show about the WWII
A desk from the past which they used for registration...
...and bicycle is one of the transportation that the Japanese soldiers used to travel down from Malaysia and enter from the North of Singapore.
I just sat down there watching the whole show... The air conditioning setting just made me feel...  dreamy...
Time to move on to exploring other areas.
Ah! That is the spot where I will go later!
Watch tower and the guys are still watching over the sea forever.
Scary large gun with a shield to take down the ships.
A long passage where is windy. You can simply stay here to enjoy the strong breeze.
until now, I don't get to see anyone which is good for me 😆
Typical look of how a canon will look like.
Fort Siloso surely has a lot of guns/canons.
Ah! This one! This building used to be a station stop for the old Monorail.
In this building, there are some new displays about the surrender of the Japanese in WWII.
Lastly, the Last longest canon/gun here.
Fort Siloso is a gem on Sentosa. Hope it will continue to keep the historical space. It is also admirable for the crew who work here.
Ah... I will see you later!
BP showed up in time and next, we were heading to Tanjong Rimau. From this map, you won't see this name. To access it, we needed to enter from Coastal Trail.
Finally, this Coastal Trail opened to the public.
BP and I started walking and exploring.
Hmm... Not here.
Then we will walk here downward.
Ah! The coastal side of Sentosa!
AH! THIS ONE! I used to see these statues while riding on the old monorail. It was nostalgic to see them again!
A Stonehenge-alike is placed here, facing four directions.
Anyway, time to go down to the coast.
Approaching...
...the harbour or loading bay in the past.
The stairs where they moved up to Fort Siloso.
If not low tide, I doubt we can walk here.
I wondered what they looked like in the past
Last shot of this loading bay and continued our way to Tanjong Rimau.
Rocky coastline here. It is better to wear well-protected shoes when walking here.
AH! DRAGON! FIGHTING OFF and LAME IT! My stupid imagination.
A giant log blocking our way but it won't stop us from accessing it.
What a sunny day today!
Ah! Spotted the lighthouse!
yes! We were near!
You will find many empty caves and granite structures here.
This place made it look like a not-Singapore scene.
oooo! What a simple lighthouse. I wondered, is this still functional?
This is how the lighthouse sees the sea every day.
How long this rock can maintain its form?
From left to right, yes! Here is the less famous spot - Tanjong Rimau!
This is Tanjong Rimau.
I had this place on my wishlist for more than two years... and now! I finally made it!
I wondered if the painting for these watch towers is still the same as in the past or newly enhanced?
The distance between the watch tower and the lighthouse is quite rocky.
Have a closer look...
The paint is new and maybe in the past, this is not the original colour scheme.
I wondered... How do they access these towers?
There are three watch towers, together with Fort Siloso Watch towers, which serve many different purposes.
Perhaps these towers were used to watch over the water nearby; as the Fort Siloso Watch tower was to watch afar.
I wanted to find a cave (post) which you can walk in but... I can't find it...
Mr. Sun was about to set, meaning time to go. I guessed I would return again next time to find the cave.
Thank you Heaven for such great weather! (As I was drafting it, the next day was raining heavily and I greatly appreciated what was arranged on my trip to Sentosa.)
(Credit BP) Let's take this advantage when it was low tide.
(Credit BP) Be manly and be me at the moment. That is Me and I am Jeff.
For BP, it was a short trip but for me... It was quite a journey.
Overall experience re-visiting my favourite Fort Siloso since I was young and a new spot - Tanjong Rimau which I thought I could never visit, and I was able to do so today under the blessing of Heaven. I will visit Tanjong Rimau again.

Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment