Former CD Centre

Hi Blog,

Supposed to work hard weekend but I got a bit burned out due to some reasons that happened these days... I wanted to skip today's urbex trip but the organizer wasn't involved in my burnout so I will attend neutrally.

Today's weather seemed gloomy which explained how I felt these days... Anyway, so where was I heading to?
I felt that I should not put up any actual naming for that place yet, so for now, I will just keep it discreet as it should be.


The weather seemed gloomy today.
Anyway, let's give that camera a test and I will focus on its photography.
As I arrived, these rusty bars told me that I was nearby.
And yes, I had arrived.
The side gate of the CD centre. Ooo... Based on Google Maps, this place was locked up and yet, today it was widely open.
I read articles about CD Centre, I had never heard of such a place before at all. You can read it up here and here in Wikipedia before continuing. It's a good read and knowing.
The first thing to greet us was this rubbish space for biohazard waste. This set up the imagination stage that I will be facing later - some Zombie apocalypse scenes.
For the start, this will be a safe zone which I didn't know where I was. I set up my new camera as my saved file before I proceed.
Let's explore this safe place first. The door had these black tapes at a frame, it might be used to stick some label or sign.
Hmm, this looked like an office somehow with some old doors
Let's explore this further.
They cleared the rooms properly and left no clue what was this for.
But definitely, it was not a place for patients.
After exiting the rooms, a bigger hall space. What is this for?
Looked like a lab for something... Kitchen? No exhaust pipe... So it can't be.
I will stick to the idea that here was used as a storage space.
Further in, I can't tell what it was.
But the tall ceiling helped to keep the space cooler
Thanks, WS for bringing me here
Outside there was this structure that looked like a mini church.
But it was locked...
What am I looking at? Hmm looked like a toilet.
Really can't tell... Maybe it was a torture chamber? My imagination started to go wild...
We found a way inside and from the look of it... Don't look like a toilet though.
Hmm... The problem with using Insta360... Is that it is slow in snapping pictures... I needed to hold and snap and waited for like 2 seconds for it to complete its task. If not, a slight movement can cause blurry photos.
Something funny in this room.
This door seemed like it was built in front of the stairs... I suspected this should be a loading bay but still not logical... because the outside platform did not show as suitable for any vehicles.
The tiles, only made me feel like I was in a bathroom.
Above this church-like building, there was an arch... I gave up guessing.
Let's explore the main zone
At the open greener site, there were many chalet-like units spread out.
The building did not have any significant features, so it was just a neutral structure.
To me, it just looked like a chalet. Hahaha...
But I was very curious about how this place was during its operational period.
Air conditional room. If I don't know what is this place, I will really think these units are for chalet purposes!
I heard from WS that he was looking for Unit 807. This 807 was the only unit with a unique metal door among the rest of the units here. Why so? I heard he claimed it is a mortuary.
When we stepped in... luckily, it was not what I was imagining.
Thank goodness, the aura inside was rather less negative.
let's explore other units here.
Something different afar from the smaller chalet-like units.
We managed to get in and it was a ward like nowadays hospital ward.
The long passage was kind of creepy. Luckily, it was in the daytime and don't have the rusty and rundown vibe; which can activate my imagination to the max.
If you stare at the picture long enough, you might even see something creeping in the dark... Until you rub your eyes.
But once you increase the brightness, we will know it was our eyes that played tricks on us... But is it?
But when you darken the pictures you will see something.
(Credit WS) ...Seeing that is still better to have a plain dude spoiling the pictures. Haha
This place looked like a new block to house more patients.
An empty reception counter was air-conditioned for the nurses, but was it fair for the rest of the patients. I guessed... There were many reasons for this... Definitely one was to avoid disease transmission.
Better exited that unit quickly and explored others.
Oh! There was an older type of fire bell. You just turn the handle and it was loud!
Another long unit looked different even when it was located behind the previous one
This unit raised a lot of questions... Why was there a gap beneath the wall and there was a wide opening above? So many questions but who to ask?
Most of the units were typically similar and they built and served many unknown (to me) purposes.
Like this one, enclosed the top and bottom.
I guessed the purpose of these places to stay low and space apart, was to create a relaxed vibe for the patients and nurses here. Even the wifi password reminded whoever logging in to recover sooner.
Testing out how wide or far Insta360 can reach. I guess pausing is required for each photo taken.
Another similar but yet different unit here.
This one looked like a typical hospital ward in the past.
No parties on and a lot of openings for well ventilation.
Even the overall building concept looked like a house or Kampong style.
The number of switches here was fun and packed.
So far... I didn't spot any zombies around here.
Besides the unit, this unit seemed new too, like they just built it and left not long ago.
This place looked like it could still be reused for something else if they wanted.
Just felt like an empty typical hospital. For me, I won't want to step in and leave the patient to rest.
What do you know? That Insta360 battery life can't last long... Very hot as I left it in that charging case and have it on throughout... It is troublesome to switch on and off, as I need to sync to my phone for a picture. That is the part where I don't favour Insta360 and still go for Casio EX-FR100. Anyway, the battery was drained so time to use my backup.
Another special unit was this red Colonial-like design unit.
It was the main unit which faced the main gate. I heard there was a statue of a black lion but didn't see it anywhere else.
I wondered can we step in? Surprisingly, we did. Haha.
Inside there, it looked different and definitely not used as a ward. I was surprised to notice one of the rooms was lit up, then I tried out the switches and they were all working.
They had yet to cut off the electricity and I guessed it was time to exit this place.
This last shot was here before anyone spotted us.
Overall, CD Centre was an eye opener as I didn't even know its existence and I learned that we won't know everything about it until it is gone; the same rule applies, just like some people, we won't know their past unless we heard or witnessed... Sometimes we are just too busy in our own life, we can't spare any thoughts or effort to learn to know. Let's treasure the things and people around us, and don't let it forgotten.
On 31st Dec 2023, I saw this graphic with useful information and history about this Former CD Centre

Jeff


No comments:

Post a Comment