Old Jurong Road B Trail

Hi Blog,

Yes, as what you were reading, today morning I planned to explore a new place; not new but an old place going to be removed sooner.

Thank goodness, today's weather was good. I guess it is my daily ritual to look at the sky and greet Mr Sun.
So you may ask me what is Old Jurong Road B trail. The letter B means Bulim. I don't put on the title and separate it because... Mine isn't official or more informative than those pages here and here; mine was just a personal journal experience.

West Mall - a mall which I have zero clue of its existence and knowing what is inside there. I will be meeting Ay and the group here.
To take a bus there...
What was ahead of me, is the construction to remove and build a new site.
I followed the group behind so I can snap and be a sweeper, and also avoid judgement.
Hmm... Today's weather...
Started to build up the heat and the glare.
Hmm, it seemed like we need to access this from another entrance.
Ah, finally made it. This was the old Jurong Road.
Such a big space... No wonder they wanted to develop something here.
I can't look at Mr Sun directly.
From another blog link, I remembered that they mentioned this long drain but we couldn't see it because it was covered by the forest here.
It looked a bit weird to stand in front of a bus stop... The feeling was like everything seemed to pause in time, even though we are still seeing these bus stops in most of the places in Singapore (depending on when you are reading this) but personally, a bus stop without a sign simply made the time stop.
Just like looking at my own pictures, time stopped and feeling old.
Alright, guys, time to enter. There were two large cubical rocks guarding the entrance.
It seemed like this place had been left untouched for more than five years at least.
Wah, many vines here.
This place looked kind of dark but thanks, Mr Sun for lighting up the place.
After we walked for some distance, a fallen tree caught our attention...
...but nothing beats this mystery cage that was beside the fallen tree.
oooo! This cage was used to keep some wild animals for observation.
A metal rod weighed down the opening so that the wild animals won't be able to open it easily.
We spent quite some time here as everyone was trying to have some pictures here.
After a while, it was my quiet time moment to snap pictures for myself.
Let's have a last look at it and...
...move on to other places/
Vines are everywhere!
I heard they said there used to have an old church that was built here and was gone quite some time ago.
Oh?! A ladder! It looked sturdy and reusable somehow but let's leave it as it is.
Hmm... As I followed the group from behind, we were climbing up a slope. They said this should be the way up to that old church (link)
The only remnant was this flight of stairs to St John's church.
But nature took ownership here and left us our impression of it.
I don't usually snap pictures of a Tomb or grave but I know it will be removed sooner and these Tomb materials are only built for the wealthy.
I feel that I will have to return to this place again someday.
Maybe I can snap pictures with my Insta360 here.
Hmm... I wondered what it was like before this place was sealed up. Were there many hiking activities in the past?
By the way... This place was filled with thirsty mosquitoes and this was their birthplace! Well!
Some more over here! Run!
I exited the group first and I had 2nd appointment so need time to return home to get myself ready.
Thanks, Ay and the group for allowing me (this ugly one) to go on this trail.
Overall, this old Jurong road I have never known is existence and sad that I didn't come here first before they started the construction, but at least, I came here before it was gone completely. I will return next time. Time to go!

Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment