Closed Oil Refinery Factory

Hi Blog,

Recently I went to an abandoned concrete factory and following up on today's trip - I registered for a paid visit to this closed down Oil Refinery Factory in the North.

Hmm... Gloomy weather though but I believe since it was paid for, it should stay open.
I have a question... Why paid? Hmm... Paid to get in? Paid for a guide?



Dressing up as a Captain but no one wanted to see a fat cap and wanted to wear my most comfortable attire but a very strong resistance told me don't.
So no trisuit and obvious fat Captain, just a typical hiker's attire which I will be in future?
Anyway, it was raining, it would be nice to hike in a trisuit in gentle raining conditions but not in this.
Hopefully, North side of Singapore will be better.
Arrived in the North... Was it better? Definitely, as it was not as heavy as where I stayed.
I didn't have a shot of me holding the umbrella before so snapped. Hmm... Okay, skip!
Based on the pin, it was located up the slope and I found a piece of paper that was pasted at the gantry, mentioning "Someone and someone's wedding" Hmm... I was puzzled and entered.
Hmm... Standing in front of a wide-open gate stopped me from entering because I didn't take the front gate without knowing what is going on. Besides, it looked empty.
Since I was early, I just stayed around and wait for C to arrive.
But it was still raining... So I just stayed under the block.
C, Br and WS had arrived and I entered the factory to register myself and noticed something was going on in the wide area...
It was a wedding ceremony for someone (I overheard someone saying Son of this factory owner) and someone, and they had a unique approach to their wedding vow. But I was not their guest so can witness much. (mothership article)
They already started the briefing session, explaining the history and event today...
...but I didn't hear anything LOL! because I was late... (I thought that I was early...)
(Credit the host) group photo everyone.
Okay! Time to explore on our own and still raining though...
Let's start by exploring the inside
A standard empty office here, nothing much and next. Sometimes I wondered what will attract me to an abandoned office (if any)? I must say, if I can cover the whole office with one sight then it will be meh. If there is some leftover stuff in the office, that will interest me more. (later I will show you)
Ooo rusty pipeline. This place must be operational for a long long time.
Okay besides the empty offices, let's check up on the pipeline feature here.
Different from nature here is rather industrial and texturised with human advancement and ideas
Yoh Br! Really long time never see you!
There was just a taste and vibe of the rest of my photos in this post.
Looking at these, I just imagine it like flowers In nature.
Oooo... A metal cabin?
I wondered what they did here. Not for bathing or changing of clothing area...
But it can become a scene of being captured and tortured chamber - a dark, wet, metallic and cold environment. Add in some chains and rats around here, will be perfect.
Anyway back to the industrialized forest.
What a thick "brush"
By looking at the picture, I can hear the machine's vibration and interact with one another.
Okay... Wrong and suggestive description.
But really, can hear the sounds involved here...
...and thanks goodness that it stopped. I believe whoever works here might have immunity.
Sometimes, my imagination started to kick in...
...I started to recall some superheroes like Kamen Rider where they filmed their scenes... Metallic and cold vibe.
Perfect to have some fighting scenes here...
And here... Just wear costumes for the protagonist and villains, it will spice up a lot.
Just simply made me recall the weird dream I had (post) about being captured by aliens...
Look at the metallic and industrial feel from the Kamen Rider Escape series.
...a perfect setting for re-enactment...
...but it was too greasy here...
Was this place trying to hint at me? Haha
Too bad, I can't do it before someone judges me. 😂
Back to industrialized-forest. Honestly, what were these for? Not expert enough to understand how it works.
Maybe it can make a time-machine portal here.
This place looked like a packaging zone.
Walking above this looked like walking in the dark side of the silent hill realm.
Next building
Looked like a place where used to store things
Another further building...
Looked like a loading bay but flooded.
oooo! Container loading bay!
Empty room behind the container loading bay
It seemed like the visitors don't explore here
This looked like a servicing workshop
Reminded my army life, high ceilings helped with ventilation.
Alright, time to explore outside.
Oil tanks here. There was a middle-size tank.
Hmmm... Where was this stair lead?
Hmm... standard industrial layout
More indoor tanks and a kind of oily feel here.
Exploring every flooring in the grease factory
Every inch here was greasy and dirty.
I barely touched these parts...
I did touch some parts and my fingers were blackened and oily...
oooo... Washing zone in the open???
oooo! It was an emergency wash.
Seriously... I BETTER don't touch anything here.
I thought it was time to get out of there like in the cave.
"Green Hill" was waiting for me
The rain had stopped, perfect to explore.
Climbing up the slope to the tanks
There were many valves here.
Maybe these were for the tanks.
If the sky was blue, this place will be a beautiful shot.
Hmm... I have zero knowledge of oil... The diesel tank may be for vehicle oil??
I was tired to climb up there...
...because I wanted to climb up this one!
Spiral my way up
It should be around the third or fourth floor high
Looked scary though... Can you imagine if this place was abandoned for a while... These stairs are best to avoid stepping on. (Credit WS) I saw WS's friends were up this tank.
(Credit C) I was high up here! :D
Wow! Up here, you can see Johor across the Johore Strait.
On another side, you can see the top of the tank - a dome here so that it won't hold water.
Another view to see the beautiful urban "tankscape"
(Credit WS) have to credit him for helping us with the photos.
(Credit WS) Thank you, WS for this. I doubt I can have such clear photos if I was going to take them on my own.
(Credit WS) But stepping onto the fragile dome can be dangerous too.
(Credit WS) Up here, Just enjoyed the moments.
(Credit WS) I tried to move to the centre of the dome... I was worrying... I don't know if my fat weight will bring me to the final destination...
(Credit WS) I wanted to make this and Took it from my camera - blurry and lack of quality.
CONTROLLING THE LIGHTING!
Love these shots myself.
Maybe a few shots which I chilled with the dome.
(Credit WS) Time to go down. Now I found an angle I love so much; the one I looked up to; just how cute I am. 🤮🤮🤮 Sorry, I can't take bullshxt well.
Time to have a good look at these exposed "roots" (pipes)
The straight lines formed by the pipes and distinguished to a single point are so therapeutic.
It does look like roots in the industrialized forest but less organic. But I love how the pictures turn out - uncommon and beautiful.
Trying different poses before the rain started to pour again and I forgot how rusty (brownish) the pipes were. Both of my hands and butt were stained, luckily I didn't wear my trisuit here, which confirm stained badly and unwashable...
Instead of having the sidelines distinguished to a point, let's try to make the distinguishing point in the centre. If I have a drone, it will be perfect. Haha
(Credit WS) but I got a wonderful WS to help me.
(Credit WS) at least, he managed to snap at a higher height.
(Credit WS) The difference between snapped and self-snap is so great! Quality and focus points are simply amazing! WS got one of my favourite shots (right image) for the day, the kind which I always wished to achieve! Profile worthy.
(Credit WS) Trying different poses but cannot capture the vibe that I seek.
(Credit WS) or I just trying to act cute here? 🤮😂
(Credit WS) I love how uniform the pipeline can achieve.
(Credit WS) spam spam spam. I should try more poses but I just got a moment of a mind-blank.
Walking down further and exploring the last few tanks.
Forgot to count the total tanks here
But they are more or less the same, and perfect for any fighting scene.
The great thing is that not many people know or have visited this place.
Before I ended the whole trip, remember that I mentioned the empty office before?
Empty space left nothing but space and imagination.
Like such space, empty but this confirmed different from those typical office spaces.
The emergency washing bay was here, which meant...
...this space was used for some laboratory testing purposes.
Oh yes, they conducted some unknown experiments, maybe making a cyborg to wipe out mankind.
Oh my, just check the old air con here. Very classic.
Must be some big boss office here.
Ooo found a clue about who had used to sit here.
Hmm, nothing was left behind here but at least, not empty.
Alright, time to go home as my camera was low on battery but I needed to sign out if not, they might think that I am still inside the factory.
Great gift! So this was a Shell oil station.
(Credit Na) Great trip today, I had a great time here.
Thanks Heaven for today's weather. Luckily, it didn't rain heavily to spoil the whole trip. The industrialized Environment has a different vibe from Mother Nature. Personally, I still love nature more but this one was once in my lifetime, I doubt I can return for more pictures. So hope you guys enjoy the whole exploration with me.

Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment