Old Bird Bird Park II

Good Morning Blog,

It's a long weekend this week because of Deepavali, but I didn't get enough rest at all. Had to attend different meetings/groups with different agendas. I only had today's morning window for myself.

Thanks, Heaven that it was a dry and sunny morning.
Today I would want to re-visit Bird Bird Park (in case, you had missed out on my previous visit) because I saw a picture of a monorail 🚝 track taken by one of the urbex rangers. I wanted that shot! And this place will be taken over by some companies by the end of this year.



Can feel the chill by looking at the drainage and just my imagination. Maybe because it wasn't hit by the sun.
At least, something like this to warm my sleepy heart.
Time to explore this place again!
I guessed that I had covered this area in my previous visit, so I would just do a revisit and try to cover places where I had yet checked.
Early morning sun rays made this place so lonely
I wondered should I dress up in my spidey suit? It will be cool, right?
Weird, how did I miss this one out? A place where the kids can make more musical noise.
Wanted to explore the store and restaurant but meh.
Let's go further!
Ah! I remembered one place where I had not yet covered.
Just around a month without maintenance, the grass got taller now.
Yes, this spot was where we didn't cover completely.
Honestly, I reflected on why I like to explore such a weird place...
I will give three reasons. First, they are just uncommon.
I am also quite picky on location whether I should go there for Urbex exploration or not. Like this Bird Bird Park, we only see one side of it and right now, we can see the uncommon side of it. (away from the public)
As you can imagine the time when there were staff around. Can you hear the birds calling for attention?
Even those looked common, but we won't be able to see it without having a chance.
Like their staff chart.
Finding its own uniqueness in every urbex trip. Like this birdcage, we know what is birdcage but...
...How often do we see many birdcages in our lives? Yeah, I understand that if you worked here, you might find the magic is gone...
And that's the magic which I am seeking. I just want to contain the magic in my life experience.
Perhaps, it's due to my subconscious desire... I hope for that magic in my common life...
...or in fact, the word magic is about the "story behind it".
Everything, place, and people have a story to tell.
I also have a lot of stories to share... If there is anyone bothers to.
Second, is the sense of achievement.
I used to think whatever I do, is just mediocre.
But I don't know why... Exploring weird places/urbex gives me a sense of achievement.
Like exploring places where not many people do and I am glad that I have a chance to do it.
Especially it was rewarding and calming when there was no one around.
And such places allow my imagination to flow freely... Sometimes, I wish there was someone who could help and understand my imagination.
By the way, a bit of warning towards such achievement is the risk of tranpxssing.
Honestly, I really hope that I meant no harm to this place, because of the third point.
The third point is Fragments of memories.
This place will be gone for good. Or to be part of the memory fragment because there is no more second chance once it is gone.
But not like I will visit every single abandoned/closed place in Singapore...
Because some places were just empty spaces like... They were missing out on elements like "stories". For example, if there is an abandoned apartment or factory, so all you see, is empty space without leftovers. Like what can you do with such space?
Even if it is gone, you won't miss a single thing because it can be recreated anywhere and anytime. Unlike this place, you can't have the same thing again.
Just like Spider Web 🕸 unique but you won't need to be at a certain place to marvel at the amazing work.
So got what I meant? Like this spot, I doubt I could find this anywhere else hence why I returned to capture things which I had missed previously.
So these are my three reasons why I do urbex on top of hiking. Personally, I feel I didn't manage to do more cycling and hiking as often as I did in the past when I started Urbex.
Because of the third point, like I am trying to catch up on places which might be gone sooner and some of the places were gone completely.
Like this one. I didn't know there was a monorail 🚝 in Bird Bird Park during my first visit when it was operational and visit after it closed.
Okay! Back to the blog content, enough of sharing my stupid thoughts. Here was the main highlight to find the place which I wanted.
Hmm... where is it...
Same sunny shine as my previous visit.
One more time for this manmade waterfall. In Singapore... we won't have a chance to hear or get close to real waterfalls.
So far, the sky net was in good condition... anyway... I should continue to find the monorail.
Okay... I found that Monorail but... how did that urbexator get up here? It was blocked and I had to send my camera on a tripod to get the shot.
Oh well, close enough I guess. My camera started to show a red signal.
I wanted to enter the dark place but...
...nah, just too dark and heavy... The amount of airflow was stagnant, I don't quite like such an environment.
Oh my, the time was running out. Weird... I thought I had allocated enough time to explore before going to my next appointment...
Since my objective had met, which was the monorail, I guessed it was time to go back.
Let's have a few shots here.
My camera battery life was not bad...
By looking up at this scene, I can feel the idea that our reality is trapped within an invisible web 🕸 which is true... Like trapped in a matrix...
...just no one to discuss with.
Well... I am not the kind of wise person to discuss such a deep topic.
Hmm... I guess... the sinking feeling in my emotions... bad memories triggered...
Oh well... It was over...
No point tasting the past again... For now, I just embraced the present because it will become the past sooner.
Another monorail which I had covered previously.
To my surprise, I bumped into another group and after a distance away, they were laughing at me. I guessed... I am a weirdo.
I guessed... I will just accept the fact that I am a weirdo, whatever deep topics are just my own delusion.
Ooo! As I walked back, I saw an opening gate.
There was a big banyan tree growing beside this place and there were cages around.
Hmmm... an empty space...
... empty cargo container...
From the location, it was the back alley of the shophouses at the entrance; wanted to enter through the back door but nah... I will leave it untouched.
Because my feelings always mixed whenever I entered through a closed-door space. Very contradicting am I? I think the only thing difference is "window". No window (airflow), and I won't want to enter.
This spot looked like I was in some theme park!
On the floor, they directed me to the Main Monorail Station.
The main monorail station - previously we didn't explore this place yet.
Since this place was not operational at that time, they actually converted it into a mini museum.
Some history about Bird Bird Park Monorail which was exciting and informative.
I was glad to see one sample today.
Last shot for this place...
Speaking of Bird Bird Park, finally got a bird to send me off.
Thanks, Bird Bird Park for the day. I really enjoyed it a lot for the visit... even though I knew my heavy emotions still dragged me a bit and at least, there was a moment when I forgot about it. Good bye Bird Bird Park...

Jeff


No comments:

Post a Comment