Old Bird Bird Park

Hi Blog,

Today's morning where would I be heading to? Recently, I saw someone share an interesting place on their social media that looked familiar... My gut feeling told me the time had come and after enquired about the entrance...

It's time to explore before it was gone.
Yes, as titled, you might already know where I was heading, right? Let me show you around if you still don't have any idea.



I was planning to go alone but my invitation to my urbex friends had responded to explore together.
I was so excited for this exploration.
After a long journey, finally we arrived!
Anyway, we had arrived at our destination.
After some hard work, we managed to get in and this place was where not many of us had even visited before.
Imagined when there is no one to sweep the path, in just a few months, nature will start to take over this place.
Hmmm... What a big toilet that greeted us first...
As I pan, a beautiful Banyan Tree was standing beside the toilet...
...and a water park was right in front of the toilet.
Oooo! I didn't remember seeing this playground at all when I visited this place.
Ah, it is a splash zone. The toilet was meant for this zone.
I think usually, we (those without kids) were busy walking around to check on the birds rather than spending time here; hence I don't remember knowing such a place before.
"Hello!" The parrot said. I replied but it didn't respond to me anymore.
Ooo, a water slide!
I could imagine this slide would be a fun one.
There were many beautifully sculpted birds placed in this water park. I doubt the kids will look at them more than once.
Perhaps now it was quieter, we will start to appreciate such small things.
I would like to play here especially now there was no one around (in my mind)
(Credit WS) ...and pose with the whole thing.
Beside the water playground, there were some random water features too.
Meet the giant flamingo.
And three ducklings.
Cheers and acted cute in front of them.
Looked like a monkey bar playground but it seemed like it was damaged by a fallen tree.
Hmm... Interesting giant bird figure above there.
Small dry playground here, so only the kids might be able to have fun here.
I guessed this area would be the sheltered spot for parents to have an eagle's eye over their kids.
What a cute and beautiful ceiling artwork.
Forever fixed time clock. Not so useful. Hahaha
Ooo, this place was called, Birds of Play.
Since we came here... instead of browsing the surface, we should cover places where we didn't get to access like this - their staff zone.
This one looked like their kitchen...
...or pantry area. I think this should be the correct term.
An empty desk filled with memories
or... a cupboard filled with trash? Hahaha
But... sometimes you will find some 'new' leftovers. I didn't take that...
(Credit WS) I took two beautiful feathers! Later I will show you up close.
There used to be a series of display panels of Birds of Prey, but now the display was gone.
A stage for Birds of Prey. I could not remember what was shown at that time... But I could confirm a Barehead eagle was flying across the audience to the stage.
This time, I could go up to the stage to look closer.
Hmm... I forgot how it was liked last time.
(Credit WS) WS took a secret shot of me engaging the empty pond.
Behind the stage... there were cages for the birds.
(Credit B) Entered one cage and...
Anyway, it's time to explore other zones. Sadly I can't find any eagle-related stuff.
Ooh... A giant Banyan spotted. What a beautiful one.
They utilized that banyan tree as a backdrop for one of their displays. Nice!
Interestingly, there was a cage hidden behind the banyan tree backdrop. A lot of ants were crawling here though, can't share the spot with them.
Quickly exited that place and snapped at somewhere safer.
Approaching a restaurant and found a small performance table.
Entering the restaurant I barely would step in for anything. Today was the day that I would check what was inside.
Nice meshed door panel that I don't see every time.
(Credit WS) for snapping such an awesome picture with a forest background for me.
Next, Wings of Asia. Weird... I barely remembered getting such a place. I checked my previous visit in 2021, and yup I had not visited this place.
Great to cover those which I had missed out.
OOO! This one looked like a greenhouse with glass panels above.
An empty cage was spotted and I was caged inside.
B saw me becoming a mosquito buffet, how thoughtful of him, he passed me a mosquito repellent cream to apply on my skin. When I squeezed the cream on my palm... 🤔 It looked like... Bird poo or man dxck. 😂😂😂 No matter what it looked like, this cream worked magically! From that onwards, I don't feel any more bites! Later I will snap a picture of it as I will be getting it!
(Credit WS) Empty greenhouse hence we went in to explore the staff workplace. When it was lit up, it looked like a place that was good enough to chill; but when it was dark, it gave this place a different vibe like a villain's lair with a torturing spot.
(Credit WS) We found a big spiderweb with a nest of baby spiders. I tried to use my phone to capture the shot but WS's camera was able to capture the beauty of it.
Ah, next stop - Bird Discover Centre. I wondered what we find inside.
Magnificent birds. I remembered there was a giant bird skeleton at the entrance, besides these words but it was gone.
Oh boy! It was dark here. If I came alone, I wouldn't want to enter a dark place...
If without the help of light and others. It's quite a big place.
(Credit WS) Big place big egg. They enlarged this egg 🥚 to show the little small holes for the chick to breathe.
Next beside Bird Discovery Centre was Lore Loft, another spot that I had never visited. Do you know why? From outside, it looked like a place from Jurassic Park.
Was I expecting a dinosaur to pop out from the wood? Yes! 😂 But anyway, walking on this wooden boardwalk was rather risky... A lot of "loose" wooden planes started to crack as I walked on it. I had to step on those nails and nuts (the enforced location) which was the most secure part.
(Credit WS) Finally solid ground, now can walk at ease and be captured by WS.
Ooo! Speaking of captured, A Golden silk spider built its nest right on our path and here I can show you the power of a camera with a proper lens and phone. I tried my best to stay focused to snap the spider.
(Credit WS) But WS captured it at the right focus and clarity which I wished to have.
As we explored further to unauthorized zones, I found a cool path with long plants behind the bird cages; it looked like a bamboo forest. Haha
Hmm, rather familiar location which we can't access further.
(Credit WS and B) I am a Dino descendant too! What a Rare weirdo laying eggs, haha!
The hot sun started to make us feel that we were in Africa! 
The wind fan or don't know what is its name, was still functional.
Ah, I didn't realize Bird Bird Park got a monorail in the past. This platform used to be one. Sadly, I didn't experience it when it was around.
Perhaps it was great to snap a picture of it before it went to the history book.
Ah, I remembered on my previous visit, this place was lifeless especially when it was raining and the birds just sat there motionless.
But looking now, it was also lifeless. Hahaha, no difference.
(Credit WS) Ah, African Treetops zone. I remembered my last visit, my mother and the rest just touched and left... I didn't have time to explore this place.
I moved away from WS and B because I got a bit hard, so I would have stepped away to cool down.
The amount of fallen leaves started to stack and thicken the platform.
As years go by, it will get worse.
A nice, small bridge like Tree Top Walk.
(Credit WS) The next stop was Waterfall Aviary, one of the main highlights of this park.
ooo, without maintenance the place looked rundown and plants started to creep in.
Ah! Very dramatic vines here. Oh, yeah, this place was a monorail before too.
I didn't realise when I first visited this place and now it started to become more obvious.
I didn't remember seeing a cage here previously. Time to cage me.
At least, some things were unchanged.
Hmm... I could sense the wildness of plants in this place as compared to the past. Whenever we see a tidy place, it means human activity is involved.
I remembered that I would see many colourful parrots around here.
The bridge to get closer to the waterfall.
Now the water had stopped, no more splashing sound and gentle breeze from the waterfall.
Everything looked so still.
I decided to go closer to the waterfall...
...and had a last shot with the waterfall.
The next stop was Parrot Paradise. I remembered this place was a noisy paradise.
(Credit WS) Time to become the noisy human in the cage.
(Credit WS) Or hiding.
You know... the feeling of being inside the cage was so... boring and restrictive... Like their space was limited yet safe.
(Credit WS) Wanted to become a bird but I am too heavy to be one.
I don't know why I snapped a photo here but just snap anyway.
We checked out the staff zone behind those display cages and found more cages!
(Credit WS) Don't put me into the cage again!
(Credit WS) Wait! The small opening was closed!
(Credit WS) I am locked!
(Credit WS) How come I look so pathetic in this picture? I just dared not stand up on the metal mesh as it might not be able to support my weight.
The last zone - the entrance where the pickup point of the monorail.
I remembered that this spot had many colourful parrots for photos, which I missed a chance to; do as they were not free... What about a captured man photo?
(Credit WS) Finally got this chance to take a picture with this emperor penguin without anyone behind me.
(Credit WS) I don't know where we were exploring already. As I had not visited here before and that place was dark; without WS's strong torchlight, I doubt I will have any picture here.
(Credit WS) Nice! A giant birdcage again. Hmm... Just how many times I was locked behind the cage?
The last stop - Pools Amphitheatre. What a difficult name.
Let's explore further here.
Laying down there to admire the beautiful shelter and sky.
Oooo... behind the stage was a fake rocky wall...
...and an office!
...more cages and operation areas. I didn't snap a lot as my camera battery life was at the lowest.
Watching behind the stage was a different feel.
Okay! we were tired and my camera died. Luckily, it was about time for us to leave. Thank you Bird Bird Park for hosting us before you were gone. Thank you.
In the end, I have to say... This one works well for me. I don't feel any mosquitoes bite at all after applying! Highly recommended.
I took back this beautiful eagle photo...
...and two blue feathers from Hyacinth macaw which I attached to a pen and pencil.
Overall, I loved this visit of re-walking and capturing images of this place which I can remember. I wondered if should I come back again? We shall see.

Jeff


No comments:

Post a Comment