CCK Forest

Hi Blog,

This place which I was to go, to does not have its name, naming it CCK Forest, seemed meh... Anyway, this place got me wondering if anything was interesting or not. Why don't I make my way there to see it myself?

Hmm... It seemed hazy... It seemed like our neighbour was burning the forest.
I guessed that it was a good opportunity to explore before it got worse.



Okay... I didn't bring my suntan lotion and I hoped that I wouldn't get sunburn.
Honestly, I have never walked or explored this side of Singapore at all. It was like a different atmosphere or vibe... They seem chill as compared to other parts of Singapore.
Received quite a few uncomfortable and judgmental stares from the residents... But I don't seem to care anymore.
Finally, after a long walk from the station, I arrived at the quiet part and main route towards my destination.
Here we were! Arrived! I remember Mr. K brought me here before in 2017, while we were trying out the railway corner. I am glad that I can trace back my older posts and read through my childish write-up, 😂.
Hazy and sunny day. To top up, it was a cloudless day!
Oh well, since I was here then I don't waste time worrying and...
...START Exporing!
Based on one hiker, managed to hike through the forest and found something interesting. I hope I can find it too.
So...the forested area was over there. Hmm... I didn't see anyone using this path because...
...it was too sunny!!!
Hmm... There was a visible path here...
Hmm... Going up.
The plants here seemed to be  "planned-planted".
Ooh... There was a makeshift tent here.
Based on the condition, the burned wood seemed quite recent.
Even the clothing looked dried and some were wet too. But... Anyway, the mosquitos here were hungry and I had yet to receive the lotion, so I exited there quickly.
After I walked further, there was a clear path to welcome me to step in.
It seemed like this path had a clear path and seemed like it was accessed regularly. 
I wondered what was ahead of me.
A lot of hmm... similar plants which were not natural somehow... Difficult to explain...
...just the feeling of this forest seemed artificial... Like Tampines Quarry...
Maybe they planted the plants to cover this zone. Even though the gate has an opening I shall keep a distance away from it.
It seemed like there was a building or house before. I didn't move in further because an old couple hiking here, told me there was nothing ahead.
I should move on further and hope to find the special thing here.
Ooo! Yes! Another pathway. Hope this one can lead me to something special!
Okay! A visible trail which meant it might have something ahead.
Hmm... It seemed like this path was used and stepped over at least once a week.
There was an uprooted tree that showed how shallow our local plants' roots are.
This scenery looks like Bukit Brown's Avatar Tree.
It was a bit artificial when there were many ferns growing all around here.
As I walked in further, I came to the bank of the Tengah River.
Hmm... the ground that I was stepping on, was some dead plants layered to form a "land" for me to get nearer to the river bank. I better stay out of it.
I tried to push myself to follow the weak trail... but I gave up because the trail got fainter and fainter, and I didn't have a positive feeling hence I turned back.
Oooo! Another path in again!
It led me to the bank of Tengah River and...
...at least, I could have a picture here.
It seemed like I was about to reach the end of the path.
Yup! I reached a dead end!
What I was looking at, was Kangkar River (further away), between Tengah and Peng Siang River.
No one will ever consider to walk until here unless you have some business here in which you will be monitored.
(Left) It was what I had covered and when I checked on other hikers (Right) It seemed like... I missed the spot.
Should I return to this place? I will say... Maybe next time. :) At least, it was an interesting (Exploration) and boring (Can't find anything) walk here.

Jeff


No comments:

Post a Comment