Tanglin Halt Green

Good Morning Blog,

On my first day when I started to clear my leave, Ai wanted to go for a hike with me.

Today's morning was perfect for a hike!
I heard that this was Ai's first hike, so we started something simple, to hike along the green corridor.



Anyway, back to the topic. Today's sky was cloudless! Amazing! That meant it wouldn't rain today!
Met up Ai and we were ready to explore!
I'm glad it was a weekday, so there weren't many people around. I was able to take a beautiful picture of the bridge with a blue sky, even though I'm not very photogenic.
Ai informed me that he had visited this place a long time ago and found it refreshing to visit again.
If I have a macro or professional lens... I might struck at a spot trying to capture a perfect picture.
At least, I got a nice shot of the Railway station
Hmm πŸ€” it seemed like I spoiled the picture - not tall, good-looking looking and unnecessary.
We were planning to visit Lorong Terigu for our hike today. I've been there once before last year.
But... Sometimes, the thing doesn't go as planned.
There was construction going on here... I wondered what they were trying to do here.
I tried to sneak in through here.
After a short bash through the wood...
I realised that we couldn't continue further... And it seemed like either they were going to block or remove those ruins... πŸ˜” Oh no... I will return here to investigate once they have been completed.
I told Ai, maybe we could visit Tanglin Halt Green if we walked down further.
Here is a YouTube video about the abandoned estate currently.
I won't want to disturb the energy at night so visiting there during the day will be the best option. As we walked, I was like, 'Are we there yet?' even though it was just around the corner...
Finally, we had arrived. It seemed like a normal estate from afar.
πŸ€” Hmm... They said that it was abandoned... But the outlook of the estate seemed not, I spotted a few flats still hanging their clothes.
This apartment has a distinctive appearance that is reminiscent of Singapore's housing estates and has been used as a filming location for many local dramas.
I heard that they will be preserving these apartments, but who knows what will happen next.
One of the unique features of Singapore's housing estates is that residents dry their clothes outside their apartments. Some people who live on the ground floor hang their clothes at ground level.
Looking into the apartment, yup, they had vacated the place. Ready for any horror film?
The unique window frame allowed airflow and light than glass-type windows.
Anyone homed? Most of them had locked their doors well.
Even though there was no resident around, there was some cleaning crew putting out smoke to chase the mosquitoes away. Personally, it was just a perfect photo opportunity and a chance to be choked by unhealthy gas.
Hmm πŸ€” It seemed like we might be at Tanglin, but not Halt Green because these blocks still have residents around.
(Credit Ai) After exploration, we found that place! This was the place that YouTube was talking about!
As a Singaporean, I have not stepped on my feet here at all. I must say, the world is really big as everyone has a limiter bubble wrapped around us.
Hmm πŸ€” I can imagine nighttime, this place can get a bit eerie.
Old school type of mailboxes
It seemed someone had not been clearing their mail
Oh oh! This was the kind of lift which I was used to take when I was young. The smell and nostalgic senses had returned, due to the floor material being used, sometimes, some people would pee in the lift and even though, it was washed, you could still smell it.
Hmm πŸ€” it seemed not functioning anymore.
Ah, that round small lift button - one button to call for a lift no matter whether you were planning to go up or down. It could get a bit frustrating when you wanted to go down to the fifth floor, but someone was taking the lift up to ten floors, it would stop at the fifth floor and you would need to call for the lift upon returning; but it was memorable.
Looking at these buttons reminded me that some youngsters thought it was fun to burn/melt the buttons so that you could not tell which buttons were which, which caused many frustrations for the residents. At least, I got to see the non-damaged buttons before they were gone.
Oh my... They sealed the place to prevent anyone from going up...
I missed the time when it was not sealed.
Ai and I thought we could access one apartment to see what it looks like inside. Oh well, we would view the apartment from outside.
I guessed it is the best arrangement to prevent any potential unwanted issues caused by unauthorised entrance.
(Credit Ai) What a cute mascot and I need to πŸ‘Œwith it.
This area sheltered endless people during the rain and shine...
...and no one will remember this.
A simple playground that contained kids' laughter and joy and now it just sat here collecting dust. 
What a beautiful gathering area - I believe many elders would gather here chit-chatting.
Trying to shout here and only echo respond to you.
Anyway, let's explore other places.
Ai tried his best to explore every single ground-floored apartment but they were locked.
It seemed like there were many estates vacated.
We found one accessible apartment! (But we didn't actually access in)
Check it out one of the rundown kitchens.
Hmm... Ah, somehow I recalled that I had come to this place before and I barely explored enough.
I'm glad that I came here before it was gone.
(Credit Ai) I won't bore you with the same things at Tanglin Halt Green and time to return home. I am glad that Ai enjoyed himself on this trip.
Tanglin Halt Green was one example to showcase that Singapore housing won't last long, if it required us to evade, we have to move out and carry the memory shards with us no matter what.

Jeff


No comments:

Post a Comment