Forgotten Sijori Wondergolf

Hi Blog,

Oh my, the Seventh month just started so no more visits to dark, abandoned places... besides, there are not many places to explore either... but! I found out there are some more!

The weather seemed great!
As for the title, today I shall explore this mini golf course - Sijori Wondergolf at Sentosa.

Here was once stood a merlion and now it was gone...
I had not visited that merlion at all... now it was gone... I kind of missed it...
Hence I wanted to find that place too...
Ah, 2022 is Singapore's 57th Birthday and Sentosa is its 50th. Seven years younger than Singapore.
After searching around... Based on the hint, I looked down from the spot and yes! I found it!
A clearer view of the deserted mini golf course
By figuring out the area... I decided to enter from the road (since I noticed the golf course is quite near a road)
OOOO! It seemed there was an entrance!
It seemed like I came in the right entrance. You can check out this blog for more in-depth details about Sijiro Wondergolf during the time when it was operational.
What a clean stair, maybe in a few more years... Collapsed trees and dried leaves started to blanket this place.
But the view up of the building from the golf course is just amazing.
Here was where I stood earlier on.
Here was the overall look of this abandoned place
This will be the future state of the golf course and worse.
You know what I had never played at such a golf course before! Perhaps that was not part of my Low SES quality
I imagined myself playing here...
Hit the ball and...
...into the hole!
This hut was still well-preserved and hoped no tree fell onto it
There are many banyan trees here
Did you notice there was a metal outline for each course...
I guessed that it was to prevent the golf ball from tipping out from the course
I only managed to find this one sign naming a certain course.
Oooo! A bloated goal hole. This one seemed difficult.
I started to see more and more challenging course
I believe I will be stuck in this course if I play.
...then ended at the round goal.
WOW! There was an undisturbed giant alocasia, bigger than my height. I wanted to take a picture with it but there were ants under this giant. I can't stand there at all. 
As I ventured deeper... I needed to find those hidden courses and I can't see the course properly.
I can't stay at each course too long because... MOSQUITOES here were crazy thirsty and their swimming pool gave them a never-ending party house
...and their friend, termites were everywhere.
Just looked at this. Really... painful when the mosquitoes landed their bites
Ah! Cleaner and clear course. Interesting course too.
GOAL!
Here is one of my favourite course
Curvy course
I believe I will have a lot of fun here
As I explored further, I noticed a building structure somewhere
Hmmm... a special golf goal
Oooo! The mini golf course was quite big!
Really many special and innovative course
Two well-preserved Pagodas stood above a building structure
I wondered what they do here
Ah! Besides an abandoned golf course, there was a deserted building!
I could not make up what these halls were used for...
No clue and just an empty space
This hall must be a lorry. Rather clean as compared to those places I went to before.
Hmmm... this building looked like a castle... somehow
Or like a bunker, right?
Open gate - must be some explorers left it opened.
Nothing but an empty room. I can't tell much unless I came here before, if not, I wouldn't be able to know what were these rooms for.
If no more meaning... nature will take over.
And grow more beautiful banyan trees
I guessed I had covered most of the areas and time to leave this place because the mosquitoes were just too much... and painful.
Here was the exterior of the former golf course - Sijiro Wondergolf but seriously I didn't even know there was such a place! XD
Taken in 2019, just checked out the state of the golf course
and another one which was close to my visit date.
Overall, finding Sijiro WonderGolf was rather easy and the entrance was clear too; just remember to walk along the road... And a few hints, I had above. We are not supposed to visit that place but... do keep it low profile and snap a few pictures there before it is completely gone... like the Sentosa Merlion.

Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment