Lorong Terigu

Hi Blog,

The next day in the morning... Yes, I was still on leave. Do I waste it on sleeping? I will procrastinate if I just let go... Anyway, I pushed myself to wake up as usual...

I looked at the sky and knew Mr Sun was waiting for me.
Where shall we go this time? Mr Sun suggested "Lorong Terigu", a pin which I made on the map a long time ago and yet explored.

Travelled to King Albert Park station and Mr Sun was ready.
Rail Corridor or Green Corridor - this area was newly opened up.
It was a fresh and new place... but there was a plastic bottle to spoil the scene
At least... it was a perfect dating place for couples
and can also be a great stabbing moment for this leftover.
New Sign for this place. Just a year ago, the sign looked like this.
These were the new add-ons for this place. Interesting to have a carriage session here.
At least, they still keep the metal railing.
this one was new. I wonder was this a prop?
New but I still missed the old layout in 2016
Well... I shall keep it in my memories
Anyway, I digressed and returned to the topic
The place which I was looking for, located along this pavement
I saw a star here on the map app...
As I walked further... It looked somehow familiar...
Ah! I came to this place before! It was my Clementi forest hike. (link) hmm don't know why, I don't feel like going down on this metal railing... Even though there is no one around to disturb my shoots... I guess because of the wet ground. 😂
Anyway, I will return for this metal railing next time 😊 for now, let's stay focus
I was approaching...
Ah! Here! I am near... Down there...
Lucky this path was not muddy
Hmmm... Where should I go...
At least this landscape is great for photos
Checking my map and studying...
This direction to the hidden place
This log was to tell you, don't go here... wrong entrance
Checking around, trying to find the path
It seemed like this direction had a faint path
As I walked in further, I saw construction was going on... were they demolishing the hidden place? 
I spotted a ribbon somewhere, it seemed like it was summoning me...
Luckily inside the wood, there was a clear path so I might have some hopes.
There were trash around... maybe there is something there
Can you spot the construction going on across the wood?
Hmm... What was that?
Hmm... I can't tell what is this... a roof? An entrance?
No word too... Mysterious "thing"
Somehow I saw a lady walking like 5 meters away from me...somehow she didn't notice my existence
At the same time... I felt that I needed to turn back and climb to higher ground... I was surprised that my intuition or the help of the 'good friend'... I found this a wall-like structure... Oh my, I felt thankful and also... I needed to decide whether to go on its left side along the wall or the right side down along the wall... Hmmm... Strong sense telling me to go down... alright, I tried.
OMG! I really found that hidden Lorong Terigu!
Here is a bunker-like place.
Here was like a prison-like building...
But this place was not prison or jail because...
A prison won't have another metal door... over another gate door
I suspected this might be a storage room... But when the gate closed... It does look like a jail.
PLEASE Don't lock me up! Please, let me go!
Look at this wall. Imagine if I took the left side along the wall, I might not be able to see this facility.
This place was well preserved as everything seemed intacted.
ouch... I could feel mosquitoes' bites... They were rather thirsty
Hmm... some instruction if there is an emergency
Check this tree out. It seemed like the tree was young when this facility was operational. The tree just hugged the facility top and continued its growth from there.
If there is a banyan tree, this place won't be this clean anymore.
These rooms were rather clean too. I can't make up what they did in these rooms.
I counted and there are a total of 13 rooms. Does it mean anything taboo here? Nah, don't think so much.
A distance away... There was a guard house (maybe) Definitely not a toilet.
Ah! Spotted one banyan tree and a fence beside it. That means this place was not meant for unauthorised personnel.
After bashing through the wood... I got out to the construction site and there was a warning sign for unauthorised entry, I exited this place quickly.
I continued my hike along this rail/green corridor.
But Mr Sun was rather energetic so I exited myself before I got heat stroke.
I googled Lorong Terigu but I found nothing about that place. It was a perfect example of why I wanted to explore those places before they were forgotten.
I guess that facility can have another visit. it seemed rather safe but just required a bit of memory of its direction. I will visit this place again and explore the left side along the wall and see what I can find there.

You can check this video out and understand the life view of this facility.

Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment