Revisit Fort Serapong and Connaught Exploration

Hi Blog,

I thought of going back home after my first visit but since I was there and it was an easy exploration, I decided to revisit one place to cover one area which I missed out on previously. (link)

Walking past this famous roundabout, Mr. Sun started to warm up the whole island.
I was thinking through... What should I do for my future revisit of places... Will I need to do the same thing? Hoping for inspiration...
Mr. Sun was just testing my determination under such hot weather... And I just finished my water...
I should be able to pull through since I was trying to think of the possibility and new idea of my revisit posts.
Based on my previous... I strike the same pose here too. 😂 Really running out of ideas... Unless I got help from friends.
Same old place, will I manage to find any new there?
Besides looking so short and untoned (breathe in) here
What a quiet place. Really a great place to have a good chit-chat session with anyone. For me, is with "good friends" here.
Hmm 🤔 I noticed something different here... Is it that chain? Previously, there was not have no chain.
And yup, there was no chain at all from my previous visit
Some more chains here. I guess this spot was a bit dangerous as the collapsing structure was behaving like the movie, Final Destination.
Just one thing/reason/impact, it might collapse 
I hope if it is destined to collapse, please collapse without anyone beneath it.
Big missing gun in its own glory
Just wondered... Where/how were they defending
Last shot here with this structure. Thanks for the sweet memories together. Hope you won't take anyone with you when you go.
Hmm looked like someone was adding some new paint on this wall...
Oooo something new here. Want to make a guess? Yes, based on my previous visit, there was a green metal layer blocking the left entrance
Oh I wondered how they removed that blockage.
Ooo looked rather clean.
Clean as in, no Graffiti
...and there was a beautiful tiled wall that was still intact.
Here... This place was so unplanned...
How the plants crept down from the roof and formed a nature wall... If it is undisturbed, it might become an epic photography scenery
The 1936 toilet was still standing strong... If they tried to clear the debris inside, this place could still be something.
It seemed like I was not alone in this place... I already saw three different groups of people visiting this place but somehow they didn't go deeper.
The sign seemed new and I guessed I would be expected to see this signage everywhere here
Finally! Found that place where I missed out previously
Not sure what was this house built for...
It was guarded by a giant spider
A place where Spider Queen stayed before...
Just witnessed the grand entrance of the Spider Queen... Oops sorry my wild imagination started to kick in
Hmm lucky no one followed me here
Should I make one edit for this place? Meh, she is living in my imagination.
Anyway, let's don't waste time and explore other areas.
The vegetation got thicker here and soon it will be covered and the perfect home for mosquitoes and other small animals
I confirmed that they just installed those which are good to warn unknown visitors.
I wondered will I ever try to enter the narrow path to explore the inside... I guess I shall leave this untouched and won't want to disturb the "good friends"
It seemed like the visitors had left this place and I was alone now. So let me show you more
I managed to enter this bunker and it was rather clean, if they maintained it, this would be a great place to preserve.
Oh my. I remembered this small cubicle had a rooftop! Now it was gone!
The roof here was stronger so I will still it will last for some time
Check out the bondage of the Banyan Tree. What a piece of art, Just amazing.
Moving deeper, trying to find one secret spot which not many people will bother/know...
Yes! The Granite Hill! One of my favourite spots here is if there is a drone, I would like to take more photos here. After revisiting the Serapong, knowing the new installation of the signage and chain, fallen trees and vegetation thick growth, visiting the missed out location, and the new opening at the kitchen, I wanted to end my hike but...
Until I saw this, just opposite side of Serapong. Br told me about this before, Fort Connaught. From the reading from this board, this area was used to defend the East Side of the coast and interesting enough, Sentosa was actually split into two islands (showed on the board)
As I figured the way how to enter the thick vegetation, I just followed any sign of a clear path and expected nothing much from this place as I didn't have much detail about this place
After a few distance away, I found a wall-like structure, it was sealed. Wasted. It must be the entrance to the Fort.
Wow, I didn't know by wandering around, I managed to find a building here. Looked like a watch tower.
But why the door was a few feet away from the ground?
Spotted an entrance here which meant beneath my foot, there was a Fort.
ooo, I can climb up to have a closer look into the Fort. It was clean :) glad there was no Graffiti!
As I got down from the slope and wanted to explore further, I tipped and fell... Got punctuated by the sharp edge of a rock and I guessed that would end my exploration here around Fort Connaught. Will return for more.
Br shared with me this video, what an amazing 3D diagram of how it looks like. It seemed like I missed out on the gunner zone and will return to check it out
Overall, it was a great experience to revisit these places but I still don't have a creative or innovative idea to spice up my posts (Revisit posts) you know like if I go for the Bukit Timah hike again, should I do the same or make out something? Creative juice is dried now... My urbex adventure will end very soon and back to my hike... Singapore is really a small island.

Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment