Finding Haw Par Beach Villa

Good Morning Blog,

Today's trip was an exciting one which I had been looking forward to. I read and saw picture posts by hikers of this place - Haw Paw Beach Mansion. (you can read more of it in Remember Singapore) I had been to Coney Island a few times, but I don't remember spotting any building structures, which means they are hidden from sight.

Today's weather seemed promising. Why did I say that? Because from the past photos of the hikers, they will have muddy shoes for sure. I hope that if we really find it, the dry weather will reduce the chance. I hate mud.
But first, whether I can find it or not... That's one of the most important factors. Let's go!


Hmm, 🤔 After studying the pictures from Remember Singapore, they claimed there are boardwalks to lead their way to the mansion... But it was 2015... I doubt I can find that. Another clue that the hikers gave me is that they accessed it while it was low tide.
(Credit SKK) Coney Island! I had not come here for more than two years ago.
It seemed like it had changed so much!
xxxx
The golden web spider looks amazing here. I wish to keep it as a pet at my place. haha...
Hmm... A path spotted! Will it lead to where I want?
We came to a mangrove zone and luckily, the ground was rather on the drier side. I felt that we were quite close but where was it?
Oooo! It seemed like there was a concrete structure here!
Like there was something here before.
Along the way, I can tell there are traces of people who used this path before.
Another clue was this bending of thorny leaves, if I am going there again, I will bring a cutter to cut the leaves here. 
The trees were cheering for us.
More clues and I could tell that we were moving in the right direction.
Closer!
OH MY OH MY!
FOUND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
(Credit SKK) Found that Haw Par Beach Villa! We were lucky that the gate was widely opened!
Thank you for leading the way for us!
Time to explore this place!
Looking back, I wondered what if the gate was locked... Would we be able to get in?
Some unknown plants managed to grow on the rooftop and it seemed thorny.
Honestly, the finding of this place made me feel excited and honourable. Thank you to the "good friends" for bringing us here.
Some weird furry moss here.
Looked like a kitchen here
To look around, this place was not safe... Check out the cracks around here.
For now, I felt safe exploring. Thank you for ensuring.
Based on the current state of the wear and tear... Give another three more years, this place might collapse.
Check out these empty rooms... That explained that this villa was built unused and left abandoned.
This looked like a bathroom.
One of the darkest corners of the whole Haw Par Beach Villa.
Let's check out the main area.
I love the scene of this area; it was one of the iconic shots snapped by many visitors. When I was awed by their pictures, I imagined myself visiting this place...
(Credit SKK) ...Here I am now, fulfilling one of my checklists and being part of it.
What a big villa! How I wish that I could live in such a place.
I wanted a pic here but never mind... I had troubled SKK so much already as you can see from the remaining pics.
Looking up at the ceiling, many concrete bits were chipping off... Is it too heavy from the top? Hope it won't fall on anyone.
Wow, what a wide corridor! It didn't look like this place was used for residential purposes... It seemed like it might be used for recreational purposes, like a cafe.
(Credit SKK) I imagined, I woke up from my room and strolled along this beautiful quiet villa.
This small room? Doesn't look like a place to stay... What's this for? I think they have not installed a door yet before abandoned. No one has stayed in this place before.
Here are four air wells like this in this villa, a nice structure for air to flow around.
Looking at this crack, I had to thank the "guardian" for keeping this place intact for us to explore here safely. Give another two more years, this place won't last any longer.
Honestly... I am still worried about this place... I don't know what is holding onto the cracks or the building... I really hope if anything is going to happen to this villa... Just hope no one is there...
Can the cute bats 🦇 inform the guardians here? 🙏🏼
Must be something heavy on top of the rooftop...
Now we were at another side of the villa.
Same wide corridor. I really wonder... What or how they were planning to do with this place.
Or... Just give me the money! 😂 Just 1% of it! Why can't a rich person give me 1% of it!?
Actually, love this window style.
I noticed something weird... The flooring... It was tilted somehow.
From the look of the building structure, I highly suspect that this building was built squarely and facing following the four directions. I didn't take out a compass to confirm this... But if I am going there again, I will.
We came to the main hall of this villa. It was taller than other rooms and the interesting part was the window placement (the top window at the side of the ceiling) which allowed nature lighting to fill up the main hall like some of the residential apartments which have LED light around their ceiling.
The dramatic roots were trying to take over this place.
(Credit SKK) Look how spacious this main hall is! Honestly, what were they trying to do with this hall? It is definitely not a living room, which doesn't connect to other smaller rooms. For sure, it was meant for non-residential purposes.
Graffiti here was quite mild, not heavily applied.
But... here is a question, how did they write so high?
I think I know why the floor was tilted; not tilted but the whole floor collapsed.
Time to cover the remaining parts of the villa
Some other air wells... Give me four air wells, and I will grow four plants to represent four seasons. (the plum blossom for winter, the orchid for spring, the bamboo for summer, and the chrysanthemum for autumn)
A lot of fallen debris here...
If I could go back in time or if this villa were still functioning, it would be awesome.
These stairs were the well-preserved part compared to the rest of the villa.
Back to where we started
(Credit SKK) Thank you SKK's beginner hiking luck and guardians of this place for bringing us around, and not to forget Heaven for keeping the pavement less muddy.
I wondered what kind of plant is this... But sadly too thorny.
(Credit SKK) Before leaving this place (I doubt I will return here again), let's have a last photo here. Thank you to the spirits here.
Thanks, SKK for don't mind exploring such a place because most people would have stopped by the entry.
(Credit SKK) Back to the real world and our shoes were clean!
(Credit SKK) Before we leave this place, I would like to have some pictures here.
Reflecting on today's unintended urbex experience, I was glad that I managed to clear my checklist.
What a fruitful day, my nine lives' magic was unused and blessed by the guardians. Thank you for today.

Jeff


No comments:

Post a Comment