Yishun Forest

Good Afternoon Blog,

I decided to clear this one from my list - explore Yishun Forest!

I don't know how to access it or what to expect there... Because I saw one of the Facebook posts and the hiker didn't wish to share much detail about it...
Honestly, I saw that Yishun forest many times, I dare not explore alone unless I am certain of what to look for.



Since now, I had my objective, it will be easier to look out.
About to reach there. I went in the mid-afternoon, and I believe 90% of chance that I won't bump into anyone.
Anyway, I arrived at the spot which I don't know whether is it the actual place or not.
Well... I will rely on my instinct now to explore here.
A discarded bicycle... I guess I had entered a no-law or other words no-government site.
Ooooo. A mini unorganized farm.
It seemed like that person tried to grow something but failed.
I better keep quiet in such a place.
To reflect, if I owned such a place, will I be able to do a better job than this person? I might have my own challenge to start a farm.
But if I don't have to work, and farming becomes my main, I believe I will make sure, it will be a successful one.
And definitely, I won't make this place dirty. Hmm... This spot seemed fresh like someone had utilized it in the morning.
The seat was cool so it was confirmed. Someone (me) had used it here.
Hmm... Wanted to explore this long grass zone further but I felt it might come to a dead end, so I returned after walking some distance in.
Back to the utilized spot, it seemed like there is a used path along the slope. Let's see what we can find there.
Oooo... There is a makeshift tent here.
A toy was used to make a marker. What an interesting marker.
It seemed like this place isn't set up or used by one person. Must be with someone else.
As you can see closely, you will spot that there was a man busy with his stuff. I wanted to engage but I think I might be chased so I left him alone. This place might be his Heaven, as long as he doesn't use it to do wrong stuff.
As I continued my exploration, I spotted another opening in the wood...
It was another farm. I wondered how they made space for the start.
A circle of banana trees. It looked like these banana trees were having a ritual here.
Just looked at their expression as my wild imagination started to load.
Hmm... A plastic sheet to collect...
Water. Definitely, not for drinking, but for watering the plants and breeding mosquitoes (I doubt so because can tell that these buckets of water will be used after collection).
It seemed like he is doing great farming here.
Papaya trees just started to grow.
Hmmm... Somehow I sensed I should walk through this path... Something behind this wood.
Behind the wood... It seemed walkable.
Hopefully, I can find what I am looking for. You may ask what am I looking for? What drew me here? Bunker? Abandoned places?
What I was looking for, was an epic Banyan Tree. I wondered what name should I give to that tree.
After walking through the wood, I found an unusual opening or spacing.
Oooo... A well-filled with trash.
Looked like a clean track... Looked like it is still fresh.
Were they going to convert this place into a park?
Hmm... There is a platform though... Natural?
Some ruins, are you able to see it? See the structure?
I wondered will this place be nice in the morning. Perhaps, the sun rays might light this spot like how I want it.
Ah! These curves! This place was for mountain bikers! They used it for riding circuits.
I have zero courage to cycle here because I don't own a pair of big iron balls.
But... I could imagine how swift the riders were here.
Ah, this one was exciting. It was Amazing how they did here.
Another well trash. 🥲
After exploring the riding circuit, I moved deeper into the wood because I spotted something.
Something which I was looking for!
But why this one is special? Because it is like a wall of tall bamboo groves or buildings.
Now it seemed like it is looking down at me. Hey, Banyan Tree. Nice to meet you. How can I address you?
Wow, finally, I managed to snap a picture of a spider on its web. Oh gosh, it took me a while.
Alright, Yishun Banyan Tree, let's capture this moment together! A wefie moment, 3... 2... 1... Smile! 😊
After I freed myself, I think a portrait shot of you will do. Smile!
Thanks, Yishun Banyan, I will leave now. Hope to see you again.
Oooo, there is a big well-like structure near Yishun Banyan Tree. From such structure and some small wells elsewhere, determined the fact that there was a village here before. But it seemed like I might have missed out on a few spots here.
Oooo, I found a laminated notice issued on 20th June 2023, which was quite recent (no wonder this whole place looked fresh) It seemed like their fun ended with such letters... 😢
I guessed I can't stay here too long, as I needed to visit my friend nearby. Hopefully, I can visit here again to explore deeper.
It seemed like there was another entrance/exit. Hmm, it seemed well hidden.
I could imagine few more months later, this will become brushy and consumed by nature.
What a wonderful and beautiful Banyan Tree to be discovered. I was so happy that I was able to find it. Thanks, Mother Nature for your guidance.
I felt great with a sense of achievement. Even though I am fat and ugly but at least, I tried to do something to be happy mentally and spiritually.

Jeff


No comments:

Post a Comment