Abandoned Cage

Hi Blog,

Based on the title, you know that I found something new! Yes! Someone found an abandoned cage! It was a large enclosure - perhaps it was used to cage a T-Rex 🦖

Let's follow the journey with me on finding the cage
Credit our little pink urbex explorer for sparing the location and now it is my turn to find it myself!

I was very excited and wondered, is it safe to visit there...
Based on the location, it should be rather easy.
I will need to hike from Macritchie to Bukit Timah.
kkk
Now most Singaporeans can travel out, and the weekend and place will reduce in crowd number.
kk
I can still remember this little stream from the past until now. You can click here to see the difference within the years
Great to keep my feet dry as much as I can
Back to this familiar road again
The moment when you don't get to see a building, especially in Singapore, is just an awe moment, don't you think so?
Okay! I was approaching sooner to that place
Hmm 🤔 construction was going on... It seemed like there would be a new building coming up sooner
Okay, based on the guide from Miss Pink, just straight on this path where there was not much-distinguished so I had to base it on my instinct
I doubt anyone will want to go deeper here unless they are certain of what to find. If I didn't know what to expect, I might not have ventured deep into the woods like this.
Luckily this area does not have many such plants, which will turn me off.
Oooo! A graveyard of clay pots... 🤔 It seemed like there were habitants in this area before
Anyway, based on the GPS, I was quite near
Here it is! Found it!
From the exterior, this cage looked relatively new and well-maintained.
Let's check it out! It seemed like there were many people visited this place before...
Looked like a 4+m tall enclosure
Here was the funny thing... If this was an enclosure to cage animals, how come the handle to lock this enclosure was locked from inside?
It should be like those handles above, locked from the outside...
If it was locked from the inside, I doubt anyone could come in at all
But for the 2nd door, there were two handles from both sides.
Check this out!
Observing its surroundings... It doesn't seem like a birdcage. Even though it can serve its purpose here it looks like an animal cage and perhaps something which climbs.
Cool root system here. Hope when they remove the cage, they will keep this plant.
Hmm... A rope was found. I wondered if is this for the birds here?
I tried to imagine and wonder about the purpose of this cage...
What animal do they keep here?
I concluded this one was a birdcage because of the trees planted in there and the height of this cage allowed the birds to fly around...
The lock handle was inside to ensure the birds were a distance away from the exit then the staff would open the gate; if the lock handle was from another side, one more staff to open it.
A stair beside the cage
I wanted to go up there and explore but the feeling was not right... So I just posed for it.
I believe there is a reason why I don't go up
The stuff which was left behind... didn't leave any hint about the cage.
oops... I didn't know there was a main entrance to the cage.
Now I looked back and still can spot the cage within the wood...
...Until I got to the pavement nearby (just around 10m+ distance)
Looking back, it was concealed by the foliage but I still can tell the location of the cage from this image.
Checking the area here... How come I didn't visit this place?
It looked new to me :) It seemed like I had so many places that I had not covered.
The hell staircase was a nightmare and plus it started to rain!!!
Oh well, since I could not avoid the rain; why not I just embraced this? 😁
Anyway, finding an abandoned cage was a thrilling experience! Overall, I won't advise anyone to visit the cage because it is best to keep it hidden from the public. The public was not kind toward such discovery. Besides, it will be removed sooner.

Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment