Tuas TV World

Good Afternoon Blog,

This must be one of my most impromptu hikes ever or my first impromptu hike. Why so? As I was transforming myself into a pig or couch potato, I browsed a fb post which caught my attention.

Someone visited TV World which I don't even know such a place exists before. You can Google TV World (link)
What was it so special which made me give up my transformation? Yes, as titled, it was Tuas TV World.

The distance from here to the destination
As I travelled towards the West side, I don't see any more tall buildings.
A totally different place from what I know of typical Singapore
In my mind, I was thinking... Am I crazy? Just to rush down to that place. I wondered and worried that the place will be shut from the public, and turned into a wasted trip.
Don't need to worry, since I am here, let's DO IT!
Followed the track
Open space station
Saw these plants along the roadside which caught my attention. Three plants queued up with three different leaves colours - silver, green to yellow.
A Close up of the silvery plant, interesting colour.
Mr Sun and Miss Sky can't wait to visit TV World.
Approaching and my mind started to imagine stuff
Big drainage - I can imagine when heavy rain, this place will be flooded or run heavily.
The road entrance to TV World
OOO! I could see the building from here!
Welcome to TV World
From outside, I could recall some local soap dramas with the past setting scenario.
Security guard seat post
Hi TV World! Thanks for welcoming me.
Here was the map of the area.
I will start with the left building
It seemed there is no one around... The building looks like a silly face, welcoming me to explore further.
Ooooo! It wa not as rundown as I imagined
It looked like someone kicked the door from the bottom too much
The stairs looked sturdy so let's go up and have a good look.
An empty room here. Honestly, I will like to see some furniture here but nope.
just emptiness like myself
We can see the world through the window but we can't interact much besides viewing.
Through that window, I could see TV World in the past and acting with the video crew.
I turned around and continued to explore other connected rooms - they looked clean.
Nice place for shooting
I felt that this kind of thing will be gone and forgotten, so it will be stored in my memory bank.
Posed for the setting
Oh dear... My phone battery left 12%... and to spice things up... My camera started to give me 1/4 red battery life bar... I guess... I will try to speed up the process here
Nice calligraphy here - hmm... No more brainpower to analyze what this poem trying to express
Interesting house :)
Building B - Opposite of the three connected houses.
Another empty and rundown house
Wanted to go up but the stair is not safe... And my phone and camera battery were drying.
Alright, let's speed up to explore the rest
This place does not look like in SG if it was properly maintained.
Feeling like walking in the past.
This building has many small shophouses. Let's check those out.
Some shoot of the abandoned shophouses. Quite rundown and best to just observe from outside.
Oooo! A walk-in backyard
LOOK! An old bicycle was found in the toilet!
Love this backyard here
It seemed like a tunnel to the past
Found another cleaner toilet here
Let's go up to the second floor
A lot of littering though
but after another turn, a spacious floor
with another window structure.
While exploring the second floor, I noticed something
A few broken platforms so it was quite dangerous here
Oh dear... My camera started to blink... I forgot to bring power bank... and my phone left 10%
Let's explore the rest of the areas before my battery drains.
Hmmm... I saw a room with many mattresses - a mat used for doing stunts while filming.
A place where they hang clothing.
Next building
Wanted to go up and take a look but... My camera won't last long for the rest.
Looking at the buildings from a different perspective
Fx house - Maybe a place to store Effect stuff
This place seemed spacious and there lays a target board which was left in the past for training ground. And this place was intruded by strangler plants.
Sooner, this place will be taken over by this plant.
Checking the back of Fx house
One of the modern buildings here looked solid, might be the filming crew office.
I didn't proceed further as you can see inside this building is not safe.
Next Looks like a cinema building
Grand Entrance
The beautiful layout here. This was where my camera went completely dead... I knew there are some more places left and my phone left 8%...
I guess I will just take it from outside than go into those buildings
Looking back, it seemed like I have to miss out a few buildings
The blue building
Let's enter this building
Wooow It looked like a warehouse.
Interesting to see how the plant's root spread out and a lot of scraps.
Slightly wealthy exterior
Just take a short peep of the interior because... my phone left 6%
Building G - hmmm.... It seemed like every building has its own label.
I wondered what is inside...
ooooo! It is a Church!
A setting where the crew used it for marriage scenes
Wanted to go up there but let's go!
They even have a Kampong building
Small and well-lilted house
I believed this chair was functional until some visitors abused it
Another solid structure here
That was some old car here
Rusty and wore engine exposed
Re-imagined you are inside the car
Wow, I was so wanted to walk up there but... left 4%...
A shot of the side of this building
Holland St Building
Plants are consuming the area
I must say this building seemed new as compared to the previous one - definitely safer
It was also used by someone and might come back tonight.
Left 3% and thanks goodness, I had covered the whole place with limited battery life
Hope when they demolished this place can still keep this plant.
Beautiful scene here
Left 2% and Time to return
Wanted to enter this building but I can't... My phone battery left no more...
Walked back to the entrance overviewed the TV World's first two buildings
On my right seemed like a loading bay
and a place for the crew to have their briefing
My phone died completely and my camera can load up again for the last shot.
Interesting TV world visit and I felt happy but feeling regretful too... Can't capture many pictures due to forgetting to bring my power bank or charge my camera beforehand. The day after my visit, I read on FB posts that the admin informed everyone that the authority had up their game and closed the entrance. I guess I should not go back there again and others don't go anymore because it was dangerous.
A screenshot of the post - So Don't go there anymore...
Oooo! New update! I realised one of my images was used by smartlocal blog! :D So honourable! Thank you for crediting me. And I had some newer pictures in my last Nov visit here.
 
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment